Turn on thread page Beta

Why do most of you on this forum seem to get A*s, A's and B's in your exams? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never been amazingly intelligent but up until A-levels I've never had to work to get grades I was happy with. I revised loads in my final year more than ever, and being on TSR gave me motivation to work harder. It paid off becase I got some surprising module results!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that this forum will hinder my work at some point. But I'm pretty ok with that, as I don't really work that much anyway.

Its my policy not to work very much. Its a good policy, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    It's called having double standards, with the higher expectations on themselves. Reason they'd be upset with themselves would be because they obviously expect high grades (maybe they think they're smart, maybe they worked hard, maybe they just assume they'll get As).

But what else can they say, really? Anything else would make you feel upset, right? I normally just say "so how do you feel about your results?" but "that's really good" seems to be a common instinctive reaction.

(Original post by cleas001)
    lol- yeah i agree with wots been said before
    but it really annoys me when people start complaining about their grades especially high ones- like someone gets AAAA and they complain- they ask me what i got and im like CCDE - n then they are like well done youve done so well blah blah blah and all i think is just you know... piss off!! hope that doesnt offend anyone but it is really annoying!- who aggrees with me?

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I got 6As, 4Bs. At AS i got AABB

At A2 level I got AAABa (I took an extra AS subject this year)

I found this forum while I was revising for geography (June 2005) (I got a B)

In unit 5 I got 80/90, in unit 6 I got 120/120

A coincidence?

Hmm I wonder

For Geog I had rubbish teachers and didn't get taught over half the spec, which is why this grade is lower than my others. If I had not found this, I don't think I'd be sitting here now with a B. For the two units mentionned, I taught myself and used this forum a lot.

I'll leave you to make your own decision from this!

ReputationRep:
    I think this forum, and my AS results are hopefully going to push me to do a lot better for my A2 courses in September. I know when I was revising for philosophy, a lot of you already had notes planned and this has now made me realise that I now have to organise myself way before my exams! Thanks for helping me get motivated to do better!
    The only problem is, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of you, I begin to loose this motivation about 3 weeks into the school year and it only comes back near exam time. Is there anyway I can keep this motivation and determination throught the year?

ReputationRep:
    find someone to compete against at school? Either publicly or privatly?
    Motivotional posters
    Keep reading and posting on this forum to catch the work bug :tsr:

I go to the gym and get on ski/cross -trainer machines, bikes, treadmills and get out my notes / book. If you commit to going then you need something to occupy you because afterall, you need to be there as long as possible so you don't waste your money. The boredom soon sets in so you start to read.
    Result is:
    You get healthier
    As the amount of oxygen to the brain increases, the stuff goes in better
    Exercise releases endorphines, which make you happier. This makes you feel like you can achieve stuff and so you may find yourself wanting to work.

Works for me! :creep:

Better sleep too which equals a more enthusiastic student in the morning

And I lose motivation too but when I revise I make up for it and work for hours non-stop and often into the night. (then I get really ill - so not a good idea)

And remember you can't work all the time and a little fun and stuff to look forward too helps you keep going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    find someone to compete against at school? Either publicly or privatly?
    Motivotional posters
    Keep reading and posting on this forum to catch the work bug :tsr:

I go to the gym and get on ski/cross -trainer machines, bikes, treadmills and get out my notes / book. If you commit to going then you need something to occupy you because afterall, you need to be there as long as possible so you don't waste your money. The boredom soon sets in so you start to read.
    Result is:
    You get healthier
    As the amount of oxygen to the brain increases, the stuff goes in better
    Exercise releases endorphines, which make you happier. This makes you feel like you can achieve stuff and so you may find yourself wanting to work.

Works for me! :creep:

Better sleep too which equals a more enthusiastic student in the morning

And I lose motivation too but when I revise I make up for it and work for hours non-stop and often into the night. (then I get really ill - so not a good idea)

And remember you can't work all the time and a little fun and stuff to look forward too helps you keep going.
    Thanks, nice advice - I will try your suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    Masturbate while revising and studying or having intercourse with a member of the opposite sex?

If you have private tutuors (usually public school lot), instead pay a prostitute to have intercourse with you while revising thus releasing endorphines!

Try it.....see if it works since i just came up with it.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.