GCSE maths statistics coursework - please help

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey - i had to do Standard Deviation coursework and i gave in the first draft and my teacher gave it back with a loud of **** saying it was a mess and that so i wrote shut the **** up on the back of my graph and forgot about it and gave it in again - the FINAL freakin draft of my cw! She found it and i was lucky enough to be able to redo my graphs! lol - so thats bound to have ****ed up my grade so now I dont see much point i doing anything for the examc zu i can only get a ****ty grade anyway! Aint Maths grand?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am doing a statistics exam on the 20th of june and i have no wories at all because i have used a pendulem for my data and worked out how many oscillations a minute useing different weights
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
leave da poor girl alone man shes only looking for a bit of help the sma as everyone else if ur teacher cant help u hes a prick but u can ask him for guides on the coursework hes aloud to give u that and if he still dusnt help smack im
well YOUR not going to pass the english exam.

TooNaziForYou?TOO****INGBAD
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
HAHAHAHA UR HYPOTHESIS IS SOOO BLATENT IM DOIN MY PROJECT AND ITS AMAZING! IM DOIN ALLSORTS N IM NO BOFF ALL YEAR I JUST TRY AT LAST MINUTE.... good luk anyway LOLOLOL
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
well YOUR not going to pass the english exam.

TooNaziForYou?TOO****INGBAD
i dont think that you'lll pass an english exam either it's 'you're' not 'your' you *********
makin love
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mean is average
mode is da nos that occurs most
median is the middle number
Unregistered1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
heya im doin da same coursework and i was jus wondering if u hav dun any scatter graphs and describing the correlation. it migh help u represent ur data nd analyse it. othawise u can show exaples of discreet and continupus data.

hope it helps
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im doin coursework now an its pretty easy took me bout 2 hours.
I am top in the skool tho!
I cant seem to put it together tho!
I just have pages and pages of graphs an charts in no order!
Oh an I missed the deadline 2 weeks ago!
U need help! I need a miracle!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
YOU SHOULD NEVER COMPUTER GENERATE GRAPHS!!!!!! i did and i think i got a crap mark. my teacher told me she usually takes off marks as they aren't accurate. i need help on my data handling coursework.
my hypothesis is the value of a second hand car will decrease as it gets older (using saloon cars only). i'm looking at how steeply the price will drop as well. I've done a cumulative frequency graph, box and whisker diagrams, mean, quartiles, tallys and scattergraphs BUT HOW CAN I INCREASE MY MARK? I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REPRESENT DATA!!
I don't understand maths even though i'm predicted a B.
help would be appreciated! thanx! whats statistical diversity?
Bored sh!tless
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Right now I'm doing my statistics assignment. (I'm in Australia not the UK but anyhow...) I'm finding it quite boring. Our class was allocated three suburbs each and we have to do a statistical analysis of the house prices in these suburbs.
Anyway, i s'pose I should get back to it, eh?
I might come back here if I get stuck. <_<
kim88
Report 16 years ago
can some1 tell me why you have to find the mean median and mode and also the range as i have to do my plan and haven't got a clue please please help me

kirsty
xxxxx
Chocolate_Cake
Report 16 years ago
where can i get an aqa revision guide for G.C.S.E. statistics
Godshoney
Report 16 years ago
btw u do need standard deviation if ur doin a maths GCSE. dus any1 no how u work it out????
Chocolate_Cake
Report 16 years ago
no i dont think u do it got taken out. i needed it for my cw not for the exam tho.
honey121
Report 16 years ago
hey i hav got a similar hypotesis to you but i also need help i was wondering if you can tell me what to do which graphs and what to wrk out! pleez help
akb
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I am really really stuck with my GCSE maths coursework and i was wandering if anyone could give me any tips etc as i dont find my maths teacher any help what so ever!

My hypothesis is: The further you travel to school, the longer it takes.
I have written a reasonable amount plannning however any tips would be appreciated as i really need to get a top grade to be able to go to the school i want to go to and study math a-level.

I have collected all the sample, explained about it etc. and have drawn a histogarm (not yet explained it) and computer generated a scatter graph with the correlation coefficient in it (which i need to further explain - i need to fully understand the correlation coefficient to do this)

I have also been told about standard deviation - however i dont know if this is relevant to my question.

Also do i need to include very simple stuff such as mode, median, mean etc???

Sorry about the length of this but i thought i might as well include as much info as possible.

Thank you

Hannah
madrina
Report 16 years ago
hm ok im kindof stuck too but half you people are asking some pretty dumb questions, i mean, the whole mean/median/mode thing for example - if you're posting stuff on a maths website or whetevr u could just as easily go to google.com, type in median or mode, maths, help or something like tht u'd probably find a website telling u exactly wht they mean. so the simple stuff's really not tht difficult. plus i swear ive already read zillions of messages telling ppl wht they mean anyway... tru one of the other maths coursework links of this site.
and btw to do a stratified sample you do:

total number in category (e.g. number of year 7 boys )
________________________________ _________ (as in 'divided by')

totla number of all the boys and girls in all the year you're using in your sample

then MULTIPLY that answer by the total number of people you wnat in your sample. If you're using all five year, year 7-11 then you should use about 150 ppl in ur sample. alrite?
Podg69
Report 16 years ago
http://search.kelkoo.co.uk/sitesearch/search.jsp?siteSearchQuery=gcse+ statistics&catId=null

That is one place to get your revision guides from, ask your school if they do them because mine does and its very helpful. Shops like WHSmiths also do alot of revision guides.

Standard deviation is worked out using the formula below. Ive also used an example to demonstrate (if the picture works) which was taken from a worksheet I've done before, so you might recognise it. Hope you can read my writing.

Thanks to Phil Cluff for lending me his webspace. Check his site if you want.
There are many different ways of working out standard deviation, thats the one I use. Try and work out rural to see if you get it. By the way I do not garantee that this is right (just so you can't tell me I said it was and i was wrong). I don't really get this myself completely if I'm honest (its been like a year since I last did this), so anyone who does and knows I'm wrong please warn me.

I start my standard deviation maths coursework in just under a month. I'm doing this coursework on football and if anyone has a copy of the sheet and they could scan it in and send me it i'd be very grateful. We had a lesson on it today, expect my friend missed it and she could benefit from taking a look at it. Thanks to anyone who can do so.
Podg69
Report 16 years ago
http://www.dumb.uk.tt/sdhelp.jpg

thats the link, cos I dont think it worked
wiffmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
your going to fail Hannah
No, Hannah won't fail, but you will probably fail English. It's you're, not your. JACKASS.

Don't worry Hannah, you'll be alright!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads