Turn on thread page Beta

How many people avoid going to clubs due to smoke? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm not really into it. i went to a club in manchester and it was really full of it. :eek: is it possible to go to places without it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the smoke. What I do mind is idiots wandering around with lit cigarettes. I once had a new jacket damaged on account of some mindless Glaswegian lout. Was very, very pissed off - he didn't even offer the standard pint in compensation. It was an accident, but if he can't control a flame on the end of his arm, he shouldn't be swinging one about.

ReputationRep:
    Is there even such places as clubs without smoke? even if they banned it once your hammered you would do anything you felt like even if it did mean you would get kicked out. It used to bother me when I first when clubbing but I guess I'm just used to it now.

ReputationRep:
    Which club was this if you don't mind me asking? I don't find the clubs that smokey, I avoid certain pubs becuase I know they are too smokey.

However I do think I could move to Dublin purely becuase of the smoke ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Which club was this if you don't mind me asking? I don't find the clubs that smokey, I avoid certain pubs becuase I know they are too smokey.

However I do think I could move to Dublin purely becuase of the smoke ban.
    Actually it was a pub called the new union that i went in in manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sometimes, smoke really sets off my asthma, but sometimes when its not that bad, I'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Yeah sometimes, smoke really sets off my asthma, but sometimes when its not that bad, I'll be ok
    Not to mention getting older earlier which smoking causes and the other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    smoke don't bother me, just people who can't handle the drink.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a gig tonight where it was non-smoking, came out smell of everyones sweat instead, and it smelt of feet in there too. I kind of missed the tabacco smell lol

ReputationRep:
    i hate it when you go past a pub or bar with the door open and you can just smell the fag and ash and old manky men drinking guniess :puke:

ReputationRep:
    One of the many reasons why I don't go to clubs. My one trip ended me stinking for the next 3 days.... not to mention that the stench never left my favourite coat & scarf.

ReputationRep:
    if you can still smell smoke, and care about it, you need to drink more.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It stinks, it stays on your clothes and it's bloody annoying. If I know a club/ pub will be very smokey then I will avoid going.

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying the smoking ban will come tomorrow I hate smoke like I hate nothing else. I'm really sensitive too - if I drive past someone smoking on the pavement across the road at 30mph, I get a whiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    someone smoking on the pavement across the road at 30mph
    I don't mean someone smoking at 30mph... that would be a very brief fag :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    I don't mean someone smoking at 30mph... that would be a very brief fag :rolleyes:
    :rofl: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    i rlly hate those smokers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by je ne sais quoi)
    i rlly hate those smokers...
    Je suis d'accord...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    Well i'm not really into it. i went to a club in manchester and it was really full of it. :eek: is it possible to go to places without it?
    pop across the irish sea to dublin's vibrant no smoking nightlife

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care. Just go outside if you need a break.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.