Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I got a package in the post today about accomodation and finance and stuff from york. And sent the accomodation form away today so i thought i'd start one of those paste your info thread. I asked to stay in James and put some weird stuff down for why i preferred it, not sure if that what such a good idea now but i was pumped and feelin confident about gettin in :rolleyes: anyways

Preferred College: James
    Reason Why: I liked the smell of the place(?), the bed springs were comfortable and it was just "me."

Preferred College:
    Reason Why:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to post here as I wont be even doing this till next year but 'Reason Why: I liked the smell of the place(?), the bed springs were comfortable and it was just "me."' thats got to be...... the best reason I've ever heard! I might have to steal it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol really? Thanks! well before you use something like that i'll let you know how i turn out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not got my pack yet. When I get it, I'm probably going to try get into Langwith or Derwent.. they seem central-ish, spirit etc. Dunno though really, I could well be talking sh*te.

A friend of mine on a gap year who already applied for accommodation basically begged to get into James and he did.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah derwent is really cool, huge, quite a large bar, right in the centre. Good choice man!

ReputationRep:
    i don't think ill actually state a college preference, ill just put ensuite as my first choice and see where they put me.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not in an en-suite room, almost guaranteed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Probably not in an en-suite room, almost guaranteed :p:
    u mean you don't think they'll put me in one? why not? they better had, or heads will roll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieD)
    u mean you don't think they'll put me in one? why not? they better had, or heads will roll.

well there just aren't enough ensuite places for everyone who wants one.. so theres a fairly high chance you won't get ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone asks for en-suite and there is hardly any en-suite accomodation, nobody gets what they ask for anyway, people can put whatever they like on the form but at the end of the day they look at your preferred period of let and just go from there, and you might not even get that!

ReputationRep:
    I asked for ensuite and got it :P
    I ended up putting my choices as the 3 different en-suite choices on the form (college ensuite, upp ensuite and upp large ensuite). I ended up in Langwith Block D, which does have ensuite rooms.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I too sent off my forms yesterday, put a lot of waffle about James and JCRs and things, to see if they take pity, which I bet they won't lol! Still, no harm in trying, eh?

ReputationRep:
    I was too drunk to do it yesterday! I'm going to give it a go in a minute but god i feel crap..

ReputationRep:
    I just did it straight away, to avoid being too drunk (which I was later..). It's really not hard though.

ReputationRep:
    When do York get back to new first years about their accommodation? Even though I haven't even received my pack yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think they said something like 2 weeks before the start of term, so we still have a long wait to find out, sigh.

ReputationRep:
    *******s. I get the feeling this long wait to start is actually going to get annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait another 7 weeks to go, I'll go mad. I don't think i'd usually find this form hard but I just filled out the Ucas reply slip and even that hurt my brain. If they find out I'm being such an idiot they might change their minds about me!

ReputationRep:
    Right, finally finished it! I didn't put a preferred college in the end, because I really don't think I care. I'm going for the cheap accomodation anyway, so I don't really have any reason to want one over the other. The only preference I specified was my need of self catering accomodation... if i get put in a catered bit I'll be very pissed off.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.