The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Trigger
They have to have a dress code to stop rubbish people going in donned in track suits and trainers and they often don't let more men than women in due to obvious reasons. If you just thought about it it makes sense.

I know that, but I was dressed perfectly fine. He just wanted to deny me because he was the "boss". I got in everywhere else that night.

Also what's the deal with shiny clothes? I know that some places don't allow black because "people mistake others for security staff", but why shiny clothes?
No never been denied entry. Not been to many clubs that consider themselves "elite". I did get thrown out once though. Well, not thrown. Politely asked to leave.
jaydoh
I know that, but I was dressed perfectly fine. He just wanted to deny me because he was the "boss". I got in everywhere else that night.

Also what's the deal with shiny clothes? I know that some places don't allow black because "people mistake others for security staff", but why shiny clothes?

why don't you ask a bouncer who denies people for wearing black but not shiny clothes? :holmes:
lmfao @ 'Not tonight lads'.
issih
lol really??
for being too drunk and not having id haha...

this!
Reply 25
jaydoh
Has anyone ever been turned away from a club before and what for?

I have, mainly because of ridiculous dresscode and sometimes simply "not tonight lads".

Where in Manchester have you been turned away from?

Other than for being full:

Too many lads to girls mate (we were in a group of 7 lads), go next door for a while in a mint lounge.

M2 once for not wearing the right clothes (it's not my thing, but my sister would like the music so we tried to go).

I've think been lucky considering the amount of times I go out.
Reply 26
No, never been turned away before. But probably because I never go anywhere decent. There's only one club in town and it's a dive :biggrin:
Pheonixx
Where in Manchester have you been turned away from?

Other than for being full:

Too many lads to girls mate (we were in a group of 7 lads), go next door for a while in a mint lounge.

M2 once for not wearing the right clothes (it's not my thing, but my sister would like the music so we tried to go).

I've think been lucky considering the amount of times I go out.

One of the clubs in the gay village. :o: I truly think it's because we looked too hetero. And friction might be caused. Or something.
Reply 28
Kind of happen to me this one time but that's cos we didnt really plan to go........... story was went to a concert that finished ridicolously early so decided to go clubbin but got rejected cos it we had no girls with us........so went to find for a group of girls and went in with them.
computersaysnooooo
Sometimes places decide that they're over 21s the night I'm out :mob:

london clubs sometimes do this on fridays and saturdays which sucks, but on student nights everyone is welcome and its cheaper so its all good:wink:
dress code, or because I'm out with my asian/black mates - 'not your night guys'
I've been far too brown for a certain club all the time.
a couple of months ago, i overheard a guy a few places in-front of me in the queue asking a bouncer to 'objectively explain how it's not my night'. he eventually was let in
*Star*Guitar*
Yep, once.
Apparently my ID wasn't mine.
Yet, with all the crazy colours and styles my hair's been, I'd never looked more like the photo on my licence. (Pic taken at 17, ID'd at 21)
I hate bouncers.

I get that too, i've had a drastic haircut, gotten glasses and grown up a bit since my ID photo was taken and it frankly doesn't look like me!
Now I'm actually 18 I seem to get ID more than when I wasn't.. Not just because I'm not "out and about" more clubbing and stuff, because I had fake ID before hand. It's weird.
A million times before being 18 (despite the fact I was underage and looked it, I would not be stopped from attempting to go out. I probably succeeded more times than failed though!)

Since 18: 3 or 4 times for being too drunk and once for it being too busy.

Weird about people getting turned away for not looking like their ID. I just assumed that never happened, as pre 18 I used my friend's ID all the time and I looked absolutely nothing like her. Odd.
Reply 36
once for being too drunk, but my mate and I stood outside and chatted to the bouncer about Nigerian football for 45 minutes before he decided we were good people and let us in. on reflection if i was up for a 45 minute chat about Chinedu Obasi, i probably was too drunk.
Doesn't most of it depend on where you are trying to gain entry?
For example; When I go clubbing in London they are more likely to turn me away as I have my "student" look about me, and typically have less money to spend than the older person standing behind me? Whereas, If I'm going for a simple night out to Watford they are very unlikely to turn people away because they wan't everyone to come to their club.

I'm always asked to 'prove' that I'm the person on my I.D because the photo is so sold and vaguely doesn't look like me anymore so I always carry a few credit cards with me as well... just in case :smile:
Never been turned away! A couple of my friends have been turned away for looking too drunk though. One really really wasn't, but the other had just been throwing up along the road for a while, so I could see their point there :p:
Reply 39
Closest I got was to a Trent only night when I'm definitely not a Trent student. But that just took some persuading.
But never actually refused entry.

Latest

Trending

Trending