Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like that scarf too! But I also didn't buy it, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    i've seen loads of nice stuff in there at the moment. the one on oxford street is good but there is so much stuff you just don't no where to start and u end up spending your whole day there.. well i do lol.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had now...might get it with my holiday money off to Cornwall tomorrow! Now to find a Topshop in Cornwall...any ideas? There must be one in Truro right?

ReputationRep:
    Its FAR too overpriced for what you get.. Sometimes I go in for a look about and i just think to myself 'sorry who do you think you are?!'. They occasionally have nice items, but even then I'm apprehensive as I'm not too keen on the quality.

But the oxford street branch is better than most just due to its huuuuge size - you can find more crap

ReputationRep:
    Topshop is the best place to shop on the high street in my opinion. They provide you with all the trends before they come in instead of after when no one is wearing it like other shops. Plus you get a 10% student discount so its not as expensive as it seems. Also the people in there are lovely and help with whatever you need help with. Plus they have huge changing rooms.
    I got some great skinny jeans today (the new Baxter ones) would definately recommend, also there was a buy 1 get 1 free offer on shoes, yes i got some cos it worked out at about £12 a pair and thats without the student discount.
    The Oxford Street one is definately the best, it is my Mecca.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I actually could live in Topshop!

ReputationRep:
    i love topshop all my clothes are from there lol!! perfect sizing i think!!

everytime i buy a new outfit people are like thats different lol
    but if 1 day i buy a bargains say from mark 1 or new look which also have some bargains no 1 comments and most of the time i see someone in the same outfit which is dead annoying
    top shop is wicked!

ReputationRep:
    I personally love Topshop.. it's my favourite, I never fail to find something I like in there! It can be expensive but only compared to places like H&M and New Look, which deliberately set their prices at the less expensive end of the market.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get everything from Topshop and then stopped because the stuff got really weird, but I think its back! Woo for Topshop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_wise)
    I wish I had now...might get it with my holiday money off to Cornwall tomorrow! Now to find a Topshop in Cornwall...any ideas? There must be one in Truro right?
    Yeah, there's a Topshop in Truro, it's in that road going up the hill where C&As used to be, but now it's a New Look in there.

ReputationRep:
    I think every shop went for the annoying floursecent (sp?) thing about 2 years ago. But yeah Topshop are selling some really cool stuff these days!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Topshop. I'll have a look in when I'm out shopping and if I spot something I like from there I'll buy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisac)
    i love topshop all my clothes are from there lol!! perfect sizing i think!!

everytime i buy a new outfit people are like thats different lol
    but if 1 day i buy a bargains say from mark 1 or new look which also have some bargains no 1 comments and most of the time i see someone in the same outfit which is dead annoying
    top shop is wicked!
    Agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indiechick2kuk)
    I think every shop went for the annoying floursecent (sp?) thing about 2 years ago. But yeah Topshop are selling some really cool stuff these days!
    Yeh - remember those neon mesh tops *cringes*

ReputationRep:
    yeah i like topshop especially the vintage sections theyve put in the stores. i also saw a topshop shoe shop in manchester the other day-didnt know they did them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    It's overpriced. If I want non-designer clothes, I'll go to the scally shops in Liverpool (if you're from Merseyside, think something along the lines of upstairs in St John's).
    It is overpriced but I like a lot of the stuff. Pretty good for school trousers though this years onces I like are weird sizes. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Topshop is great! I went in yesterday and came out with a skirt and 2 jumpers. Plus I bought my sister a skirt and a top for her birthday It definitely goes through phases of having absolutely nothing then having loads of good stuff.

If you like the stuff but find it overpriced then try H&M - they do amazing clothes pretty cheaply.

ReputationRep:
    topshop is alrite, but i find everything is realllly long yes i know the petite section, but really there isnt alot in that section.
    Also i have a relaly nice top from there but everytime i wear it i see at least another person where it i know its a huge shop but still.
    The only topshop i do like though is the one in Oxford Street it has lots of stuff the website and other stores dont and its just hugeee!

ReputationRep:
    As a topshop worshipper i feel i need to defend it somewhat here!

ITs a highstreet store selling clothes mirrored off the catwalk at affordable prices. Of late its had designers such as Zandra Rhodes designing for them, which can justify the cost of a few of their items. Yes, there are currently bags selling in there for £60/£70, but they're high quality and leather most of the time. If i had the money (i don't), i'd buy them, but some people can afford them, and thats why they're selling them. There are people out there who are willing to spend that amount on a handbag. And for those who can't, omg, theres so much other fantastic stuff in there!

Of course at the moment it is a damn site better than the fishnet luminous tops they were selling 2 or so years ago, but thats just fashion isn't it? The victorian, military and nautical styles of this season are actually really attractive! Ha ha listen to me go! So RAH, i love the place! Oxford street is amazing, i get lost in there, i once went in at 12 and the next time i looked at my watch it was 5 oclock. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

xx

ReputationRep:
    Too expensive, rubbish quality and looks a bit too try hard, although sometimes they have something really nice in there.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.