Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Topshop jeans don't fit me either. But all shops' jeans vary, so eventually you will find some jeans that fit you really well. I like Monsoon and Jasper Conran. Next are OK.
    Hmm well I need some new jeans, but I'm on a bit of a budget, what with loads of other uni expenses. I had a lovely pair of 'Jet' TopShop jeans, like really dark indigo, but they're pretty much faded now, and TopShop no longer do them.

I need to find an alternative!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Smiley_Me)
    Hmm well I need some new jeans, but I'm on a bit of a budget, what with loads of other uni expenses. I had a lovely pair of 'Jet' TopShop jeans, like really dark indigo, but they're pretty much faded now, and TopShop no longer do them.

Well, go shopping! Even go to shops you wouldn't normally consider, and just try on every pair of jeans you see. But don't expect it to be quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Well, go shopping! Even go to shops you wouldn't normally consider, and just try on every pair of jeans you see. But don't expect it to be quick.
    Think I might take a trip to Manchester or something. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who finds that TopShop jeans don't fit properly? I have loads of their jeans, but all the new ones just don't fit right. And I've not put on weight. Lost it in fact.
    I thought I had the same problem.. I was trying on size 10s and 30" waists and complaining that they seemed to fit me around the thighs but not the waist. For some reason I assumed that going down a size would mean a bad fit in the leg (i.e. too tight), and that the jeans manufacturers didn't make jeans to fit me properly.. but then it finally clicked that NO jeans I was trying on fitted correctly, and when I went down a size it was fine

So yeah, moral of the story: I was stupid also that it might be worth trying something outside of the size you think you are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    H&M is like a jumble sale! You can't find anything nice, and when you do you can't find one in your size unless it has been labelled incorrectly and therefore isn't your size anyway!
    You have obviously never set foot into a T K Maxx before. Think H&M boot sale * 10 + lashings of claustrophobic shop floor layouts and loads of rabid shoppers. Insane.

As for topshop; bad quality in general, prefer getting cut price designer garb from my beloved tkmaxx.

ReputationRep:
    i like Topshop, but a lot of the clothes are really weird, but then u can find awesome skinny fit jeans there and cowboy shirts. they usuallu catch onto a craze before most other highstreet shops. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    You have obviously never set foot into a T K Maxx before. Think H&M boot sale * 10 + lashings of claustrophobic shop floor layouts and loads of rabid shoppers. Insane.
    TK Maxx is brilliant. I only go in there when I'm ok with the possibility that I might waste an hour, but occassionally you find a total gem (Ben Sherman 'Beatles' top, yippee), so I agree with you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by black_mamba)

As for topshop; bad quality in general, prefer getting cut price designer garb from my beloved tkmaxx.
    In T K Maxx there is some kind of order, although it does vary between being arranged by item and being arranged by size. H & M is just manic and half of the stuff is on the floor. The other half is wrapped around the fittings or in the changing rooms where the staff can't be bothered to stop talking and put it out.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who finds that TopShop jeans don't fit properly? I have loads of their jeans, but all the new ones just don't fit right. And I've not put on weight. Lost it in fact.
    Yeah theyv never fit me properly.. I've given up. Theyr overpriced and nothing special anyway.

ReputationRep:

If you're in the London or Newcastle area try Bershka. It has amazing fitting jeans and not too expensive either... I think max £29.
    Its my new home I think I've bought half the shop woops. Its not my fault the shop is so cool! And not that many people have discovered it so I wont be made into a clone. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    If you're in the London or Newcastle area try Bershka. It has amazing fitting jeans and not too expensive either... I think max £29.
    Its my new home I think I've bought half the shop woops. Its not my fault the shop is so cool! And not that many people have discovered it so I wont be made into a clone. Yet.

Where is it in Newcastle? Sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah1987)
    Where is it in Newcastle? Sounds great!
    I cant remember the name, but in the big centre.. metro centre? I think that might be it....
    The jeans there are amazing! Well I think so anyway..

ReputationRep:
    topshop is crap, its full of overprice 'trendy' clothes, which i think are boring and like what everyone else is wearing anyway. Its like 25 quid for a plane top when you cud get the same one from new look for about 15. The jeans are nice, tho the ones iv got fall down a lot! lol. I prefer independant shops, cheaper and usually altho mos tthe stuff is very chavvy n awful the odd top/skirt is really nice, and people always say they like my top/skirt wateevr. I detest top shop, and people who dress in it are really really obvious. Tk maxx is annoying to go round, but the jeans are gud in there.

I hate jean shopping! its so hard to get a pair to fit, speshially when youv got 30 inch legs, all of em are atleast 32 usually grrr.

ReputationRep:
    i find the jeans in topshop are the only high street brand that look good on me! it used to be h and m, but they seem to have gone rather rubbish with cut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    TK Maxx is brilliant. I only go in there when I'm ok with the possibility that I might waste an hour, but occassionally you find a total gem (Ben Sherman 'Beatles' top, yippee), so I agree with you.

TK Maxx is ace. They change their range of clothing like every week and some weeks its so horrible but other times you find a load of good stuff!

Imo, Topman has some nice accessories like bags and wristbands etc but clothing-wise.. meh.

ReputationRep:
    I tried on some skinny jeans in H+M today, only £29.99 and they seemed fine. I've never tried the new Topshop ones though so I can't compare except I'd rather pay £30 than £40!!! I do like charity, vintage shops etc for tops - you won't see someone/everyone else wearing it. And I would never pay £80 for a bag :eek: ridiculous - they have far cheaper bags in Warehouse which used to be more expensive than TS.

ReputationRep:
    Warehouse still is more expensive than Topshop on the whole, I think. They have this gorgeous silk top with beads and gems on in there at the moment, but it costs £50! Most of the bags I've seen in Topshop are around £20, not £80. It was probably from something like Topshop Vintage, which is much more expensive than normal Topshop things.

ReputationRep:
    i live for topshop lol

ReputationRep:
    i got a gorgous orange silk top with beads/sequins on it sounds simialr to what your describing from an independant shop in the small town for 15 pound!

ReputationRep:
    Went in Topshop today... my friend bought a nice bag (which turned out to be a bargain as I think the lady on the till took way too much student discount off) and tried on some tops... very nice, but both £28.

So fun to wander around though. And every now and again something jumps out and grabs you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.