Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I could never match your achievements
Corey! You are in the positive again!
fluff
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
It's all right m'dear, I was aware of that Thanks for turning over a new leaf somewhat - you seem to be a lot nicer at the mo'. I think Adshur was right to want to give you a second chance
i won an award!!!!

yeeeea!

thanks m8. the abilities of maskall are endless!!

although it seems the legacy lives on, because corey wnats to take over my place it seems.

she has a year to try and win the award - although it will be a tough task with all the 'maskall wannabees' that have been here in the past couple of months.

as i said corey, dont be jealous - who knows, u may even get a single vote to win an award 1 day.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
It's level pegging between, ickle_katy and Adhsur.

Click
I looked at your link, and i can't see any relevance with the most respected member of this forum.
fluff
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I could never match your achievements
u make a poor attempt to sound sarcastic.
u thought that u got better gcse results than me, when infact u got a 7.5 average compared to my 7.6 average.

u went all quiet then, suddenly the topic of "intelligence" suddenly vanished from your posts.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)
i won an award!!!!

yeeeea!

thanks m8. the abilities of maskall are endless!!

although it seems the legacy lives on, because corey wnats to take over my place it seems.

she has a year to try and win the award - although it will be a tough task with all the 'maskall wannabees' that have been here in the past couple of months.

as i said corey, dont be jealous - who knows, u may even get a single vote to win an award 1 day.
Maskall, I think that your wit intellgence and ablity to take the piss out of people are so good they have crushed me inside - I am nearly crying.

I think I may need to join a support group.
fluff
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Maskall, I think that your wit intellgence and ablity to take the piss out of people are so good they have crushed me inside - I am nearly crying.

I think I may need to join a support group.
yes i agree. but it wouldnt be a group, it wud just be u.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Corey! You are in the positive again!
I thought he deserved it for his brilliant debate suggestion.
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)
yes i agree. but it wouldnt be a group, it wud just be u.

get your handbags out ohhhhhh!
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)
u make a poor attempt to sound sarcastic.
u thought that u got better gcse results than me, when infact u got a 7.5 average compared to my 7.6 average.

u went all quiet then, suddenly the topic of "intelligence" suddenly vanished from your posts.
I got the same grades as you, except i took one more exam than you which I got an A in hence lowering my average.

What is it you don't understand about intelligence. Any GCSE exam can be passed with at least an A grade given hard work and being able to learn the facts - this is the same with the majority of AS/A2 level papers. The application of knowledge is very limited.

Having a high point average on your GCSEs means **** all really, it means you managed to cram alot of infomation into your head for a set of pointless exams that are in NO WAY indicative of intelligence.

Intelligence is something beyond the realms of exams it is in your ablity to communicate, apply knowledge, debate and be confident in areas that you have not 'learnt'. I know plenty of people who get A's/B's in their GCSEs that are MUCH more intelligent than I am.

The education system and the way we are taught is designed to get idiots like yourself through exams with good grades, producing people who can repeat verbatum facts and figures but give them something unprepared/unfamilar and they will crumble.

Next time you start mouthing off about how exam results imply that you must be intelligent, actually think about it.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I thought he deserved it for his brilliant debate suggestion.
Indeed so he should. But did you ask him before hand? because I thought he didn't like positive rep...
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Indeed so he should. But did you ask him before hand? because I thought he didn't like positive rep...
*shrugs* Don't really care, suppose its better to be positive so I can give rep out for the few decent people on these forums.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I looked at your link, and i can't see any relevance with the most respected member of this forum.
Don't be so ungrateful. There has been moderator polls in the past but none with Adhsur as one of the choices. Besides there is some relevance.
fluff
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I got the same grades as you, except i took one more exam than you which I got an A in hence lowering my average.

What is it you don't understand about intelligence. Any GCSE exam can be passed with at least an A grade given hard work and being able to learn the facts - this is the same with the majority of AS/A2 level papers. The application of knowledge is very limited.

Having a high point average on your GCSEs means **** all really, it means you managed to cram alot of infomation into your head for a set of pointless exams that are in NO WAY indicative of intelligence.

Intelligence is something beyond the realms of exams it is in your ablity to communicate, apply knowledge, debate and be confident in areas that you have not 'learnt'. I know plenty of people who get A's/B's in their GCSEs that are MUCH more intelligent than I am.

The education system and the way we are taught is designed to get idiots like yourself through exams with good grades, producing people who can repeat verbatum facts and figures but give them something unprepared/unfamilar and they will crumble.

Next time you start mouthing off about how exam results imply that you must be intelligent, actually think about it.
i only did moderate revision 4 my exams.

if i get accepted into oxford next year, i will enjoy finding this thread again.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)

if i get accepted into oxford next year, i will enjoy finding this thread again.
Anyone can go around saying they have 8A* grades or whatever. I could say I've got 10A grades and no one would bat an eyelid.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)

Well what an adequete reply to my post - you sir have just proved my point.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
*shrugs* Don't really care, suppose its better to be positive so I can give rep out for the few decent people on these forums.
That is very very true.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)

Oh come on, both of you. Grades at GCSE really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Maskall, please don't go down in my estimation again!
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fluff)

i didn't do well in my exams, and college was to hard and i can do another exam cos i'm not clever enought

:.(
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh come on, both of you. Grades at GCSE really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Maskall, please don't go down in my estimation again!
MadNatSci, if you did actually READ what I had said you might of realised that was my point.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maskall, please don't go down in my estimation again!
Is that even possible?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (164)
70.69%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.24%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
12.07%

Watched Threads