The Student Room Group
Just out of curiosity do you know how to do the first question. I've got these past papers as well and the first one and last always get me.

As for question b) you get one mark for correctly expanding ksin(x-a) and one mark for correctly finding k, one for correctly finding a and the final mark for the correct substitution into ksin(x-a).
Livesindreams
Just out of curiosity do you know how to do the first question. I've got these past papers as well and the first one and last always get me.

2sin(x+π6)2cosx=3sinxcosx2\sin\left(x+\frac{\pi}{6}\right) - 2\cos x = \sqrt 3\sin x - \cos x

--

sin(A+B)=sinAcosB+sinBcosA\sin (A + B) = \sin A\cos B + \sin B\cos A (*)

Using (*) in LHS:
2(sinxcosπ6+sinπ6cosx)2cosx2\left(\sin x\cos\frac{\pi}{6} + \sin\frac{\pi}{6}\cos{x}\right) - 2\cos x

2(32sinx+12cosx)2cosx2\left(\frac{\sqrt 3}{2}\sin x + \frac{1}{2}\cos{x}\right) - 2\cos x

3sinxcosx=RHS\sqrt 3\sin x - \cos x = \text{RHS}
A Large Town In France

sin(A+B)=sinAcosB+sinAcosB\sin (A + B) = \sin A\cos B + \sin A\cos B (*)

:lolwut:
ukdragon37
:lolwut:

:p: Pfft, A, B. It's all the same.
Anon Person
Are Practice Papers any good?

They are good but you should start them only once you've completed or nearly completed the course. This is because they are valuable as an exercise to be done whole rather than piecemeal and you'll just get demoralised for the questions you haven't learnt how to do yet.
ukdragon37
They are good but you should start them only once you've completed or nearly completed the course. This is because they are valuable as an exercise to be done whole rather than piecemeal and you'll just get demoralised for the questions you haven't learnt how to do yet.

Yeah. I have the leckie and leckie papers, and the questions really weird sometimes, or very non-SQAishly hard.
Anon Person
I know this is irrelevant... but are you happy with the result of UC tonight? :biggrin:

Very :biggrin: even though I'm not a Guttenfan to a freaky level.
Anon Person
Have you ever seen him at your college? :ninja:

He plays in my orchestra :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending