Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year Sire and to all, spent the evening with my better half and brought the new year in to a long kiss, what more can I ask. Peace and good will to you all, hope this year brings all your hopes and wishes to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    im just leaving to go and getting ****ed with a bunch of friends before we go out into town and freeze lol.
    night everyone, enjoy yourselves and dont drink too much!!
    ahhh, vodka is bad. i dont think ive swallowed any broken glass or got a police record, but time will tell.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Happy New Year everyone

Had a lovely day in Camden Market, a lovely meal in Chinatown and then came back home and got mullared with my hubby (while giggling at our mates who stayed out in the rain)

ReputationRep:
    Still waitin' to enjoy self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Happy New Year everyone

Had a lovely day in Camden Market, a lovely meal in Chinatown and then came back home and got mullared with my hubby (while giggling at our mates who stayed out in the rain)
    I didn't know you were married!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I didn't know you were married!
    Technically I'm not - we've got a deal that we'll do the deed when I'm earning £28k and can afford to have a really big party without relying on either of our parents to fund it.

But 6 yrs together (including 4 yrs living together and 2 yrs of owning a house together) makes it feel daft to call him my boyfriend (smacks of snogs behing the bike sheds to me).

ReputationRep:
    Technically I'm not - we've got a deal that we'll do the deed when I'm earning £28k and can afford to have a really big party without relying on either of our parents to fund it.

But 6 yrs together (including 4 yrs living together and 2 yrs of owning a house together) makes it feel daft to call him my boyfriend (smacks of snogs behing the bike sheds to me).
    You could say 'partner', that sounds more formal.

I hope you earn 28K before you get in your 50s

ReputationRep:

why not just get married without the party?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You could say 'partner', that sounds more formal.

I hope you earn 28K before you get in your 50s
    I don't like partner - sounds a bit too formal/business like (plus there are a few people who assume a partner will be the same sex as you...I've dealt with that mistake before) hubby seems to fit best (although I occassionally use "other half")

And as of December I'm £4 of the £20k mark with another promotion looking likely so hopefully we can party soonish...although the big party plan might all get turned on its head and we'll just elope to alton towers
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    why not just get married without the party?
    :eek: and pass up the excuse for a party :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: and pass up the excuse for a party :eek:
    well, as long as youre aware that you and your partner have no legal attachments as it is. he could leave/die tomorrow and you might be up a creek. :eek:
    not that he will, im sure.

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Well my new year was very unexciting - me and 3 friends went to some house party at a school friend of ours (he's had about 4 parties before and they were all a good <drunk> laugh), but we got there at 10, and left 20 minutes later it was that bad! We were the only ones there from our school (which he knew we would be but neglected to tell us before we got there) and everyone else was from his village and they were all younger than us - so we decided we had to go!!! We told our friend we were going to go and find somewhere to buy some alcohol and didn't come back! He phoned about an hour later to find out where we were so we told him that we were lost and could see trees!!! Oh well ended up as the four of us at my friend Lu's house singing along to Sky One Kareoke!!! What fun....

ReputationRep:
    well, as long as youre aware that you and your partner have no legal attachments as it is. he could leave/die tomorrow and you might be up a creek. :eek:
    edders with his up-lifting words of encouragement.

ReputationRep:
    edders with his up-lifting words of encouragement.

uplifiting isnt hyphenated by the way

ReputationRep:

uplifiting isnt hyphenated by the way
    It is now.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    We've got a joint bank account and a joint mortgage, and we're both listed as "opted next of kin" thingies (can't remember the legal term) at work. But as it is he can't get life insurance anyway so even if we were married and he died I'd be up a creek :shrug: (and even if roles were reversed, as his main carer if I died even though the house would be safe he'd probably have to sell up and move back in with his parents).
    And I'm confident that we're good enough friends (even when we've argued) to deal with any kind of breakup sensibly.

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!

*crawls back into bed

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year everyone! My night was excellent! Hope you all had fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Happy New Year everyone! My night was excellent! Hope you all had fun!
    My New Years if was spent sulking and moaning at everybody having fun.

I can't wait till tomorrow everythng will be back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    My New Years if was spent sulking and moaning at everybody having fun.

I can't wait till tomorrow everythng will be back to normal.
    Lol. Same here.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.