The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cloudbusting
I tried the whole prediction thing last year and it didn't work at all for me :frown: However, I ended up just manipulating a poetry question until breaking point so that it would fit what I had studied and it worked.. Good luck!

Did you get an A then?
Yep! I only studied about 4 poems out of cockiness and thinking I had predicted the questions haha. As long as your poems have some very general themes, such as love, death, time, war, life, etc, I think you should do fine. :smile:
cloudbusting
Yep! I only studied about 4 poems out of cockiness and thinking I had predicted the questions haha. As long as your poems have some very general themes, such as love, death, time, war, life, etc, I think you should do fine. :smile:

ONLY 4 poems? :eek3:

I have only done 1 poem but it covers childhood, nature, disappointment, sinister atmohsphere, mood change

and is absolutely full of alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphors and imagery (As most good poems are, lol)
Ah, yeah, but three were ickle sonnets and one was slightly longer haha. The one I ended up writing about was the one I'd only studied about a week before haha! Your poem covers a lot of common bases so I'm sure you'll be able to fit it in at least one question. :smile:
Reply 24
hellooh244
Nope, none of them... I'm doing
Romeo and Juliet
The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison
and plus the poems i mentioned there ^^^

I'm doing the bluest eye as well but really have no idea about what to write about! Could someone give me an outline of what to write about when "exploring the cruelty of human nature?" So far i have got the prologue and the repetition represents the madness that consumes Pecola as she tries to become white??
Reply 25
cloudbusting
Ah, yeah, but three were ickle sonnets and one was slightly longer haha. The one I ended up writing about was the one I'd only studied about a week before haha! Your poem covers a lot of common bases so I'm sure you'll be able to fit it in at least one question. :smile:

did you by any chance to do sonnet 73 by william shakespeare ?
Reply 26
-The Crucible (drama)
-Letter to Daniel (prose - nonfiction)
-Frida Kahlo Comes To Dinner (poetry)
-Stealing (poetry)
-Valentine (poetry)
-In Mrs. Tilscher's Class (poetry)
-Glasgow Sonnet No. 1 (poetry)

Those are what I'm doing... I really want a question regarding key scenes for the drama section and one about an interesting character for the poetry section... I think I could do Frida Kahlo pretty well. I also wouldn't mind a question about change, or childhood. I would probably die if I had to do one on Letter to Daniel in the non-fiction section as I don't know anything about it :frown:
Reply 27
Anyone doing "To his Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell? I hope to god something to do with time comes up.

Latest

Trending

Trending