The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* - Hyper Awesome mega thread for simple applicant questions!

Scroll to see replies

SyedT
I'm Muslim :p:

and I'm offering to give advice,not asking for it....but still,that's useful...help me avoid the drunks :p:

Well, sorted then I guess! The medical school demographic can pretty much be split as follows:

Potential international wasteman - 0.3%
Potential police caution idiots - 3%
Complete pissheads - 20%
General drinkers who don't go OTT - 40%
Non-drinkers who still have fun - 20%
Workaholics representing, the first 3 rows of the lecture theatre - 10%
Ultimate keen-beans revising for the next year now -3%
All work and no play - 3.7%
Reply 201
Toiletpaper8
Well, sorted then I guess! The medical school demographic can pretty much be split as follows:

Potential international wasteman - 0.3%
Potential police caution idiots - 3%
Complete pissheads - 20%
General drinkers who don't go OTT - 40%
Non-drinkers who still have fun - 20%

Workaholics representing, the first 3 rows of the lecture theatre - 10%
Ultimate keen-beans revising for the next year now -3%
All work and no play - 3.7%

60% normal people :p:

I'll live :woo:
Sakujo
You just put on that impression, in reality you guys are slackers and bums. I know I've been to the open day.:yep:

One guy even admitted it:

"I wake up some days and wonder how the **** I got into Medicine"

Legend :moon:

The fact is, medicine is pretty much all play and minimal work until about 2 weeks before the exam where it becomes all work and no play... :p:

P.S. I think you quoted lemon perfectly... you might have to describe this guy for me :p:
Reply 203
crazylemon
I am a gentleman of the red trou, otherwise know as hockey club :p:

Cool,not a hockey man myself really...cricket and squash for me,maybe some table tennis :yep:

Are we spamming :ninja:
crazylemon
I am a gentleman of the red trou, otherwise know as hockey club :p:

Am are really that elite at drinking/doing nothing? I feel you give me FAR to much credit :p:

I have had to be sitting in like rows 4-6 cause I get in late :frown:
The keens are scary. More scary is some think I am smarter than them :zomg: it is enough to make we want to drink.

Worst day of my life was wining that book in the lecture theatre for resp I beat the keens :frown:

Well you know the keens are ALWAYS going to do well. Medicine isn't really brains, it's the effort you put in. But it's equally possible to do very well and have fun, instead of living in the library like some in the first 3 rows. You probably won't win prizes unless you really slog it off, but it's not really what med school is about!
Reply 205
SyedT
Cool,not a hockey man myself really...cricket and squash for me,maybe some table tennis :yep:

Anybody who plays cricket is my friend :yy:

Toiletpaper8
Oh my gosh! Alcohol!? Imperial?? No way...

We're just a bunch of geeks, nerds and shut-ins :p: We can probably make alcohol from scratch though...

:rofl: I'm sure the Gimperial reputation is completely unjustified :p:
Reply 206
Toiletpaper8
The fact is, medicine is pretty much all play and minimal work until about 2 weeks before the exam where it becomes all work and no play... :p:

Thats why I want to do medicine. If only I could've said this during my interview :moon:

Toiletpaper8

P.S. I think you quoted lemon perfectly... you might have to describe this guy for me :p:

Lemon isn't asian is he?

Oh I wanted to clarify, is there anyone at Impy who isn't Indian?:confused:
SyedT

Spam? Meh, ICSM is marking it's territory - 's all! :p:

If you have any questions about the clubs and socs you're thinking of, feel free to ask! Some IC clubs are pretty dull, I'll have you know. Orienteering is a prime example! *shudder*
Reply 208
Organ
Anybody who plays cricket is my friend :yy:

You've got a friend in me :p:

Watch the video in my sig.
Reply 209
Toiletpaper8
Spam? Meh, ICSM is marking it's territory - 's all! :p:

If you have any questions about the clubs and socs you're thinking of, feel free to ask! Some IC clubs are pretty dull, I'll have you know. Orienteering is a prime example! *shudder*

Definitely wasn't thinking of Orienteering :ninja:

I'm mainly into sports clubs,want to pick up things like karate etc,since I used to do it but then had to leave :s-smilie:
G8D
Do well in school, get some work experience, become really arrogant.

Sorted.

Welcome to The Student Room.

+rep

I love this
Reply 211
SyedT
You've got a friend in me :p:

Watch the video in my sig.

Seen it before - that video never gets old :p:

You into your counties? :holmes:

I'm not spamming :ninja:
SyedT
Definitely wasn't thinking of Orienteering :ninja:

I'm mainly into sports clubs,want to pick up things like karate etc,since I used to do it but then had to leave :s-smilie:

Ok, Imperial socs aren't normally good timetable wise for medics, unless it's central and your accomm is in South Ken... I remember signing up for dodgeball - great fun might I add, but the times and the fact I had commutes into hammersmith made it all but impossible to turn up except a few times a year.

Also, I feel I should warn you against ICSM darts - which is basically a drinking society in all but name. I don't think they've ever played a single game of darts... lol

Hope you get a non-drinking medic mum/dad anyway!
Reply 213
Organ
Seen it before - that video never gets old :p:

You into your counties? :holmes:

I'm not spamming :ninja:

:awesome:

Yeah,Yorkshire :biggrin: You?

Me neither :ninja:
Reply 214
Toiletpaper8
Ok, Imperial socs aren't normally good timetable wise for medics, unless it's central and your accomm is in South Ken... I remember signing up for dodgeball - great fun might I add, but the times and the fact I had commutes into hammersmith made it all but impossible to turn up except a few times a year.

Also, I feel I should warn you against ICSM darts - which is basically a drinking society in all but name. I don't think they've ever played a single game of darts... lol

Hope you get a non-drinking medic mum/dad anyway!

Dodgeball sounds good :colone:

I'm not that into darts anyway...prefer more active sports :p:

I hope I do as well,it'd be better really :yep:
Reply 215
SyedT
:awesome:

Yeah,Yorkshire :biggrin: You?

Me neither :ninja:

:king1: This thread keeps getting better!

YCCC as well, I used to be a junior member, or Tyke or whatever they called it, it wasn't renewed this year though :emo:

Are you from Yorkshire? :holmes:
Reply 216
Organ
:king1: This thread keeps getting better!

YCCC as well, I used to be a junior member, or Tyke or whatever they called it, it wasn't renewed this year though :emo:

Are you from Yorkshire? :holmes:

:woo:

I only started supporting them because my mates said they'd do unsayable things to me if I didn't :afraid: I need to start following them a bit more really,might go to a couple of games soon :yep:

I live there at the moment yeah...you?
Reply 217
SyedT
:woo:

I only started supporting them because my mates said they'd do unsayable things to me if I didn't :afraid: I need to start following them a bit more really,might go to a couple of games soon :yep:

I live there at the moment yeah...you?

Yeah I'm near Leeds - what made you apply to Imperial then?
Reply 218
crazylemon
They are cool too :yep:

Me? spam? Never.

As for the non asian question, I am the quintessential middle class posh white boy. I drink earl grey with a slice of lemon ffs :p:

Of course...spamming is out of the question :hmmm:

Organ
Yeah I'm near Leeds - what made you apply to Imperial then?

Cool...it was mainly the course structure and the extracurriculars and facilities they offered...are you an applicant?
Reply 219
SyedT
Of course...spamming is out of the question :hmmm:

Cool...it was mainly the course structure and the extracurriculars and facilities they offered...are you an applicant?

Yeah Imperial looks a good course - I considered it myself but decided I couldn't stomach both the BMAT and UKCAT, and London rent. Yeah I'm applying for 2012 entry :smile: Congratulations on your offer by the way :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending