The Student Room Group

Wuthering Heights AS Revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Short article on Heathcliff which is quite handy.
Reply 21
Sashii.Ni
I'm doing The Color Purple too :yep: Because I start off with Wuthering Heights and I run out of time while writing about it, I don't say anything about TCP! It's a disaster >_< Do you by any chance have a soft copy of any of your essays so that I could have a better understanding?

Aaah okay, I see, well by the sound of it you're writing all your points about Wuthering Heights and then at the end of it all saying about Color Purple? I'd integrate TCP points rather than write wholely about WH and then put some TCP afterwards, just so you know you've definitely added in something at various points so you shouldn't run out of time then. :smile:

I do have an essay that my teacher marked... I think I did it fairly early-ish when we were studying the novels in class so, as you'll be able to see, it has mistakes but I guess it might be worthwhile to read it in order to see how I happen to structure it to bring both the novels into my argument?
Page 1 / Page 2 / Page 3 / Page 4
Reply 22
Mr Shankly
Short article on Heathcliff which is quite handy.

I saved it and tried opening it up but it says 'word cannot start the converter mswrd 632'... could you please copy and paste it into a post? :smile:

I really appreciate all the help everyone's giving me... I really want to do well :o:
Reply 23
Emma-Leigh
Aaah okay, I see, well by the sound of it you're writing all your points about Wuthering Heights and then at the end of it all saying about Color Purple? I'd integrate TCP points rather than write wholely about WH and then put some TCP afterwards, just so you know you've definitely added in something at various points so you shouldn't run out of time then. :smile:

I do have an essay that my teacher marked... I think I did it fairly early-ish when we were studying the novels in class so, as you'll be able to see, it has mistakes but I guess it might be worthwhile to read it in order to see how I happen to structure it to bring both the novels into my argument?
Page 1 / Page 2 / Page 3 / Page 4

Ooh thank you so much! :woo: Lifesavers, you are (all of you :p:)!!!
Reply 24
Wow all these are really helpful thanks:smile:

Do anyone find it difficult to write about the "methods" I find I always always talk about the characters and not the methods that Bronte actually uses.:eek:

Which methods do you find you are regularly mentioning in these essays?

Thanks
Reply 25
I end up mentioning the patterning used and the way some scenes mirror others quite a lot. Also Bronte's use of two narrators often comes up a lot in the essays I've written so far because of the unreliability of both Nelly and Lockwood.

Hmm I think I'll edit this later with more suggestions, haha, my mind has just gone completely blank upon reading your question... that doesn't bode well for the exam, does it? :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Sashii.Ni

Me. And I'm nervous. So so nervous ._. I don't write enough... :frown: so I still have to do a LOT of practice essays... basically, most of the time I come up with good points but I don't elaborate enough. Any tips?? :frown:

OMG SAMEEEEE I don't know what to do
how to think of elaborate on a point and how my structure should be...
thank you so much you saved my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending