Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As I`m new to this forum I thought it would be useful to have a new thread for those who have been made an offer for Oxford-too much Cambridge chat around!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    As I`m new to this forum I thought it would be useful to have a new thread for those who have been made an offer for Oxford-too much Cambridge chat around!!!
    I think there are already several.

Anyway, why would you want to only chat with Oxbridge people? What you got against other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)

Anyway, why would you want to only chat with Oxbridge people? What you got against other unis?

oxbridge should read oxford...sorry

ReputationRep:

Nothing at all! I use the other threads to chat to people from other unis. It`s just that I would like to know about other people who have had offers from Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    Nothing at all! I use the other threads to chat to people from other unis. It`s just that I would like to know about other people who have had offers from Oxford
    fair enough mate, I have offer of PPE at St Peter's...not sure if I'll take it, wanna vist other offers first. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    fair enough mate, I have offer of PPE at St Peter's...not sure if I'll take it, wanna vist other offers first. Yourself?
    Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester. A friend of mine was offered a place at St. Peters for PPE but for 2005 entry not 2004 which he applied for. First choice of his was Balliol though-what other unis you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester. A friend of mine was offered a place at St. Peters for PPE but for 2005 entry not 2004 which he applied for. First choice of his was Balliol though-what other unis you apply to?
    whats his name? i got in for St Peters PPE 2004. Just wondering if i met him. Same goes for nero076- did i meet you?

ReputationRep:
    not surprised about mate not getting into balliol, they usuallly get about 8 PPEists per place.

At other unis I applied for economics at Durham (got offer), york (got offer), and nottingham (still waiting). Also applied Bath but got rejected, so screw them.

What did you think of oxford as a town when you visited? I liked it ok, but I think I should other unis before deciding...what about you?

ReputationRep:
    not surprised about mate not getting into balliol, they usuallly get about 8 PPEists per place.

At other unis I applied for economics at Durham (got offer), york (got offer), and nottingham (still waiting). Also applied Bath but got rejected, so screw them.

What did you think of oxford as a town when you visited? I liked it ok, but I think I should other unis before deciding...what about you?
    Worcester - medicine

Definitely a good idea to visit your other choices before making a final decision I loved Oxford as a town when I visited but as I come from London it is definitely quieter but I don't mind! Plus medicine is a 6 year course but I have the option of going back to London after 3 years of pre-clin at Oxford - big attraction course-wise in case I find it too claustrophobic

Well done with your other offers! Out of them, do you have any preference as of yet?

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke college- Modern History...woohooooooooooo!! Unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    St Anne's - Earth Science - Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Jesus college - Geography - AAB (with A in geo, exc gen studs)

ReputationRep:
    Balliol- PPE - AAA

ReputationRep:
    Teddy hall - earth sciences - AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester.
    Another one at Worcester! well done . I got an offer from Worcester for geography (AAA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Another one at Worcester! well done . I got an offer from Worcester for geography (AAA)
    There are a few here who have offers from Worcester! Yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    There are a few here who have offers from Worcester! Yay
    That's because Worcester rocks ! Not that I'm biased or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    That's because Worcester rocks ! Not that I'm biased or anything
    Lol. I agree

ReputationRep:
    hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymiss)
    hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
    :P
    I am assuming you mean an unconditional offer! If thats the case then so long as you do accept the offer you are awarded a place!
    If an open offer is something different... then i duno!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.