This discussion is closed.
Smee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As I`m new to this forum I thought it would be useful to have a new thread for those who have been made an offer for Oxford-too much Cambridge chat around!!!
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Smee)
As I`m new to this forum I thought it would be useful to have a new thread for those who have been made an offer for Oxford-too much Cambridge chat around!!!
I think there are already several.

Anyway, why would you want to only chat with Oxbridge people? What you got against other unis?
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nero076)

Anyway, why would you want to only chat with Oxbridge people? What you got against other unis?

oxbridge should read oxford...sorry
Smee

Nothing at all! I use the other threads to chat to people from other unis. It`s just that I would like to know about other people who have had offers from Oxford
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Smee)
Nothing at all! I use the other threads to chat to people from other unis. It`s just that I would like to know about other people who have had offers from Oxford
fair enough mate, I have offer of PPE at St Peter's...not sure if I'll take it, wanna vist other offers first. Yourself?
Smee
fair enough mate, I have offer of PPE at St Peter's...not sure if I'll take it, wanna vist other offers first. Yourself?
Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester. A friend of mine was offered a place at St. Peters for PPE but for 2005 entry not 2004 which he applied for. First choice of his was Balliol though-what other unis you apply to?
JayJay
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Smee)
Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester. A friend of mine was offered a place at St. Peters for PPE but for 2005 entry not 2004 which he applied for. First choice of his was Balliol though-what other unis you apply to?
whats his name? i got in for St Peters PPE 2004. Just wondering if i met him. Same goes for nero076- did i meet you?
nero076
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not surprised about mate not getting into balliol, they usuallly get about 8 PPEists per place.

At other unis I applied for economics at Durham (got offer), york (got offer), and nottingham (still waiting). Also applied Bath but got rejected, so screw them.

What did you think of oxford as a town when you visited? I liked it ok, but I think I should other unis before deciding...what about you?
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not surprised about mate not getting into balliol, they usuallly get about 8 PPEists per place.

At other unis I applied for economics at Durham (got offer), york (got offer), and nottingham (still waiting). Also applied Bath but got rejected, so screw them.

What did you think of oxford as a town when you visited? I liked it ok, but I think I should other unis before deciding...what about you?
Worcester - medicine

Definitely a good idea to visit your other choices before making a final decision I loved Oxford as a town when I visited but as I come from London it is definitely quieter but I don't mind! Plus medicine is a 6 year course but I have the option of going back to London after 3 years of pre-clin at Oxford - big attraction course-wise in case I find it too claustrophobic

Well done with your other offers! Out of them, do you have any preference as of yet?
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pembroke college- Modern History...woohooooooooooo!! Unconditional offer
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
St Anne's - Earth Science - Unconditional
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Jesus college - Geography - AAB (with A in geo, exc gen studs)
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
Balliol- PPE - AAA
astros4ws
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Teddy hall - earth sciences - AAB
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Smee)
Got an offer for Modern History at Worcester.
Another one at Worcester! well done . I got an offer from Worcester for geography (AAA)
Smee
(Original post by Veedy)
Another one at Worcester! well done . I got an offer from Worcester for geography (AAA)
There are a few here who have offers from Worcester! Yay
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Smee)
There are a few here who have offers from Worcester! Yay
That's because Worcester rocks ! Not that I'm biased or anything
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
That's because Worcester rocks ! Not that I'm biased or anything
Lol. I agree
anonymiss
Report 16 years ago
hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
:P
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by anonymiss)
hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
:P
I am assuming you mean an unconditional offer! If thats the case then so long as you do accept the offer you are awarded a place!
If an open offer is something different... then i duno!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.77%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.55%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (86)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (50)
12.95%
No, nothing has changed (117)
30.31%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.13%

Watched Threads