Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymiss)
    hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
    :P
    an open offer guarantees you a place as long as you get the required grades. Even if nobody missed their grades, they'd make a place for you somewhere. But don't worry, quite a few people with offers *will* miss their grades. Just make sure you're not among them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaKewLesT)
    Balliol- PPE - AAA

You didn't by any chance apply to Keble then do a 2nd interview at Balliol did you?!

ReputationRep:
    hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
    I can hardly believe that the letter giving you the offer did not explain it to you, however in case it didn't I can tell you that an open offer is where you are guaranteed a place at Oxford University (if you make the your grades, of course), but you will not know which college until after A-levels come out in August.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional offer at Mansfield college, oxford for English.

I'm really excited!

BTW, are there any other english students for oxford next year around? I haven't seen many english students in general around here....

ReputationRep:
    anne's
    engineering
    AAA (inc F maths)

Are there any other poor souls out there who have to get A in further maths?

mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    You didn't by any chance apply to Keble then do a 2nd interview at Balliol did you?!
    Actually its the other way around !
    My 1st choice was Balliol and Keble asked me for a 2nd interview although I didnt have my 2nd interveiw in Balliol then. !

ReputationRep:
    Magdalen College - Maths - Unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHilL)
    Magdalen College - Maths - Unconditional offer
    Well done! Magdalen seems like a great college!

ReputationRep:
    St Peter's - French Literature - AAA

I actually applied for French and Spanish but on my last day of interviews the French tutor called me into his office and told me that I had not done particularly well (i.e what i had written was a load of *******s) and so he doubted i would be able to get in for both, because of high no, of applicants.

So anyway, he basically said - French or nothing.

I chose French just cos they've changed the course now so theres no linguistics or anything... just obscene amounts of literature...!

x

ReputationRep:
    i mean i hadn't done well in the spanish exam so couldnt get in for both... woops

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)

I'm really excited!

BTW, are there any other english students for oxford next year around? I haven't seen many english students in general around here....
    Hey there! Just saw your post...I have a place at Teddy Hall to read English next year - provided I get those 3As though! You're right about there not being many English students around here, I haven't seen many at all!

Mansfield, that's cool. My best friend's brother studies there, so when we went up there to see Oxford before applying he gave us a bit of a tour! Cute, small but perfectly formed. Much like Teddy Hall, I guess :)

So what were your other A levels? I'm really curious, as most of the successful English candidates at my school have wierd combinations of subjects unrelated to literature! (e.g. I'm doing English, History, Maths and Design&Tech!)

ReputationRep:
    I got an open offer to oxford too. After a few enquires i gather that come August when the a levels are published, if we've made to grades we get placed where those who didn't make their conditions were meant to go. They look at you're personal statement again though and try to get you somewhere you'll fit depending on if your sporty or musical or into drama etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzymartini)
    Hey there! Just saw your post...I have a place at Teddy Hall to read English next year - provided I get those 3As though! You're right about there not being many English students around here, I haven't seen many at all!

Mansfield, that's cool. My best friend's brother studies there, so when we went up there to see Oxford before applying he gave us a bit of a tour! Cute, small but perfectly formed. Much like Teddy Hall, I guess

So what were your other A levels? I'm really curious, as most of the successful English candidates at my school have wierd combinations of subjects unrelated to literature! (e.g. I'm doing English, History, Maths and Design&Tech!)
    I'm pleased to hear about unusual A level combinations for English Lit at Oxford, I'm doing English Lit, Psychology and Music as full A levels, plus geography, gen studies and history at AS so maybe there is hope I might get in after all!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Got AAA offer from Jesus for E+M,

Raj

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I got an AAB offer for PPE at Corpus Christi for entry in 2005 so i still get to take my gap year! Wahey!

J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)

I'm really excited!

I have an AAA offer for English at Somerville. Seeing as English is such a popular subject, it's funny there are only three of us who've posted (unless I've missed someone out).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    Modern History at Somerville
    Yay, another prospective Somervillian!

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke -- PPE

I've said this many times on this forum, hehe

lady margaret hall PPE

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke - Unconditional (isn't as good as it sounds applied post a level).

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.