Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who got a conditional offer did they get AAA or less? I got AAA and slightly worried about it (slightly). Whats everyone situation with their A2s? Do you just need Bs and Cs at A2 to get an A in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    Anyone who got a conditional offer did they get AAA or less? I got AAA and slightly worried about it (slightly). Whats everyone situation with their A2s? Do you just need Bs and Cs at A2 to get an A in total?
    I got an AAA .... including Economics, which i got around 90% for in AS.. so should be ok ...
    Maths, i almost finished my 1st alevel last year... need 2 more marks for an A .... n one module to go ...
    Further maths, I shall do fine... in guess...
    Physics, I got 266 for AS , a bit dodgy i'd say ... however, i hope i am not gonna need to get an A in it...

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried about my AAA offer, especially considering how my last 2 exams have gone (M2 and Phy4) I got an 'A' in maths last year (91 in P1 and 89 in M1), and I'm sure I'll easily get an 'A' this year! However, I got 3 'B's in my other subjects (Chemistry, Computing, and Physics)... Some people are in almost impossible situations though - I'm pretty sure I can get 3 'A's if I work at it!

I was 1 mark off an 'A' in Computing last year, 3UMS off an 'A' in Physics, and 8UMS off an 'A' in Chemistry... I'll get there in the end....

ReputationRep:
    French - am already fluent so got full marks for AS which means i only need a low C to get an A.

Spanish - 5 marks off top so shouldnt be too much of a problem... (fingers crossed...!!)

English - Got a medium B at AS and have just retaken it last week... depending on what i get 2nd time, if i work REALLY hard i'll hopefully hopefully hopefully get an A!

If not, im shafted!

x

ReputationRep:
    history i only need a low C, rs i need a B...erm, i think i need two more C's in business and English...general studies i dnt care about, and then AEA English as well, Oxford also asked for an A in as Art, so i hav to re-take that (since i was three marks off last year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    There are a few here who have offers from Worcester! Yay

Unconditional offer as a postgrad., Worcester's first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverchanges)
    Hey everyone

I got an AAB offer for PPE at Corpus Christi for entry in 2005 so i still get to take my gap year! Wahey!

J
    hehe.

i know who you are....

ReputationRep:
    heya all,
    i am also new to the forum, have got a place at Oxford (Hertford college) to study PPE and am soooo scared! its an AAA offer, but i am taking four Alevels. i have never studied any PPE subjects before though.... anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Another Worcester guy to join your clan!
    Computer Science - AAA offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymiss)
    hellooo....i got an open offer for law...does anyone know how that works? what if no one misses their grade- do i still get in?, it's kind of nerveracking but i'm glad all the same....anyone else get in for law? and where?
    :P
    Hey, i originally went for Law at Merton, but failed to get in. They sent me to Mansfield as they thought i was good enough, and luckily i secured a place. Have you considered sending any further references to support your open offer?

Christ church, 2004
    PPP AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boris)
    Christ church, 2004
    PPP AAA
    Beware!!!!

PPP has early Prelims. The first two terms will be unbelievably stressful (believe me, I just finished my last exam today) but hopefully the summer should be good .

ReputationRep:
    Physics but don't know which college as have an open offer! Originally applied to New College (no1 on here seems to have applied/had offer from New - strange!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    Unconditional offer as a postgrad., Worcester's first choice.

How come Worcester and not one of the Graduate Colleges?

(Original post by semi)
    heya all,
    i am also new to the forum, have got a place at Oxford (Hertford college) to study PPE and am soooo scared! its an AAA offer, but i am taking four Alevels. i have never studied any PPE subjects before though.... anyone else in the same situation?
    heya, i also have an offer of AAA to study PPE (at LMH) -

i do economics - but im also really scared about the other two subjects - especially philosophy, because i really have NO experience whatsoever with it - it seems interesting enough, but im just wondering how ill be able to cope with it - whether it's really me u know?

so yea - i know exactly how u feel!

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell there are a lot of you doing PPE!

there's no one on here going to do French Literature at St Peters 2004 is there...?

im damn scared..!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephanie1820)
    bloody hell there are a lot of you doing PPE!

there's no one on here going to do French Literature at St Peters 2004 is there...?

im damn scared..!

x
    i have to say i havent met anyone in my life who does french literature anywhere i think bono does something similar :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Physics but don't know which college as have an open offer! Originally applied to New College (no1 on here seems to have applied/had offer from New - strange!)
    girl in my school is going to New to read german

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    I was at new college when the physics applicants were... I applied for Maths and computer science, ended up with an offer from st. Catz - AAAb, for computer science only...

Think i'll be taking it, but after jan's results my physics A-level is slipping a little... Will be a hard set of exams in the summer to get me my A's...

And some of the people who had applied to new had an email goin round just to say hi and see who got in.... So I suppose i shud have met you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazbradbury)
    I was at new college when the physics applicants were... I applied for Maths and computer science, ended up with an offer from st. Catz - AAAb, for computer science only...

Think i'll be taking it, but after jan's results my physics A-level is slipping a little... Will be a hard set of exams in the summer to get me my A's...

And some of the people who had applied to new had an email goin round just to say hi and see who got in.... So I suppose i shud have met you?
    Cool! I probably met you and said hi over dinner or something! What building were you staying in? I was in the building adjoing lecture room 5 (the sort of "info room!") and right on top floor. something like NB 12?! can't remember! just kno it was called new building!

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.