Turn on thread page Beta

Marks & Spencer recruitment thread watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah my friend had one yes2day for the same job but her hours were kinda ludicrous- 20 hours a week- weds, thurs, fri AND saturday. and i rang the watford branch and they said there were no 16 hour or 'student' vacancies left in any M&S branches so i dont think i will bother goin to the interview coz i cant work those hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmizzflirtie)
    yeah my friend had one yes2day for the same job but her hours were kinda ludicrous- 20 hours a week- weds, thurs, fri AND saturday. and i rang the watford branch and they said there were no 16 hour or 'student' vacancies left in any M&S branches so i dont think i will bother goin to the interview coz i cant work those hours.
    well wen i went to my interview in central london, they had like 20 different vacancies, n i cld choose which one i wanted to do

ReputationRep:
    do m&s xmas temps get discounts on any products?

ReputationRep:
    How long after you take the online thing should you find out if you've passed it or not? I answered all the questions and at the end it said I would get an email shortly....a week later I'm still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    How long after you take the online thing should you find out if you've passed it or not? I answered all the questions and at the end it said I would get an email shortly....a week later I'm still waiting?
    I didn't get an email, it just said at the end that I should call the recruitment thing (a number starting 0845) to arrange an interview.

ReputationRep:
    yeah same for me. i think you can find the number on the website just call it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmizzflirtie)
    yeah same for me. i think you can find the number on the website just call it?
    Maybe the silence is their way of saying "hmmm NO" lol. I'll look for the number and give it a call though - thanks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    grr i want to work for M+S- there r no close vacancies in london grrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview 2moro but there are no student vacancies- only 3 days during the week and a saturday. should i just go to the interview anyway and just tell them i cant do those hours. or should i not waste my time?

ReputationRep:
    u shld go, cos thats wat i thought, but when i went there, they had like 20 vacancies posted on the wall and you could choose which one you want

ReputationRep:
    thanks! i went and there were loads of vacancies- unfortunatley none i could do. but i passed the interview and they said as soon as they get a student vacancy they will let me know. fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I passed the telephone interview and the real one...they told me that they'll call me if anything comes up....

10 years later...So much for Marks and Sparks.

I have a 'real' job in a bookshop now! yeah!

ReputationRep:
    oh no! they never contacted u? i was relying on that job maaaaaaaaan!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2005
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.