Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK guys im new here and need all the help you can give me. I am trying to start my EE but am having trouble even just writing the introduction. My EE's title is going to be "To What extent has internet shopping had an affect on High Street shops". I am having trouble thinking about what i would structure my essay, any ideas would be great.

For starters i have an EE booklet which is basically a guideline of what you should write in each part of the essay. It says for the introduction i should have some background information on the topic, but what would the background information be?, about how the interent began, or when internet shopping first came around?, and if so i am stugglinge to find this kind of information. what should i do. the guide also says for the introduction i should state why i have chosen the topic, and why its worthy of study; well bascially i chose it because it has stuff to do with I.T and B.S which are my highers, and has become a big topic in the past years and will be probably even bigger around this christmas and will continue to grow, but how would i word this.

Any ideas of what i could include for my body of the essay as i am quite lost. so far all im bascially thinking is that i could find out the affect its having (how would i do this) and then talk abot that but to get 4000 words from that is going to be hard, also i could have some graphs but how many words do they count for.

many thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    As for the introduction, I would start introducing internet shopping, i suppose you should say what it is and shortly state how it works, then you just need to write it down in a readable way, e.g. 50 years ago, people couldn't imagine that they would be able to buy virtually anything without even leaving the house. If they wanted to buy something they just needed to go to the shop. But since the advent of new technologies and internet, this vision became reality. blahblahblah you can say when it was developed, how it's used etc. and indicate what you are going to talk about, that should do.

ReputationRep:
    thanks a million, i really appreciate the help. another thing i need help with is what i would include in my main body. like i was saying i got to get alot of words from it and so far i havent got a clue what to say.

also i think it would be really helpful if i could possibly read some EE maybe on B.S or I.T or even just about history or something so that i can get an idea of how i'd write this essay. Maybe you could post a link or messege me.

thanks again

ReputationRep:
    hey there. im writing mine in b.s/i.t as well. they're both my highers so...
    it basically focuses on communications technology and businesses.....

any idea how i can oresent that???

ReputationRep:
    please can someone relpy soon, it would be of great help. i am completly stuck

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.