Turn on thread page Beta

Cam Acceptances / Pools - "clean" thread watch

ReputationRep:
    College: Emmanuel
    Subject: Philosophy
    Reply: Pooled

i wish they would hurry up. does a lack of reply so far indicate that nowhere wants me?

ReputationRep:
    College: Pembroke
    Subject: Medicine
    Outcome: Pooled
    (Haven't heard anything yet and they said that if you don't hear by the end of today you're rejected... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theblackangel)
    College: Pembroke
    Subject: Medicine
    Outcome: Pooled
    (Haven't heard anything yet and they said that if you don't hear by the end of today you're rejected... )

Can i PLEASE ask where you are getting these dates from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Can i PLEASE ask where you are getting these dates from?
    they're made up- my letter says u hear until 31st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy001)
    they're made up- my letter says u hear until 31st
    Mine says that if you havent been contacted by the 8th then your not likely to have an interview but you could still be given a straight offer, from your original or another college.

ReputationRep:
    Yea my letter says i may be called for interview between 8-12 Jan, and phoned before that!

AND on the other paper they say 5-10 JAn selected applicants invited
    8-10 Jan : Pool interviews
    7-15 Jan : some offers made with interview
    15-31 Jan: pooled applicants who are not called will hear.

So who says the 8th? What college was it?

ReputationRep:
    College: Trinity
    Subject: Maths
    Outcome: offer of AAB + 1,1 in STEP 2 & 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcwtai)
    College: Trinity
    Subject: Maths
    Outcome: offer of AAB + 1,1 in STEP 2 & 3
    I was pooled by St John's for Law, and have beeen given a conditional offer from Newhall- does this mean that I will not be interviewed by any other colege?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    I was pooled by St John's for Law, and have beeen given a conditional offer from Newhall- does this mean that I will not be interviewed by any other colege?
    Yup, congrats though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Yup, congrats though!
    R u absoluetly sure- clinging on for hope.. I don't why I got all-girls- in my original interview I mentioned my annoyance of rad fems!! Did they do this out of spite I wonder? Lol!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goat)
    Mine says that if you havent been contacted by the 8th then your not likely to have an interview but you could still be given a straight offer, from your original or another college.
    St Johns - they said the interviews will take place between the 8th and 10th of Jan and if you havent heard whilst the interviews are taking place, you probably wont be called for interview.

(But could still get straight offer.)

ReputationRep:
    College: Clare
    Subject: English
    Offer: 39 overall (IB points), 7, 7, 6 in high level subjects, 7 in English

ReputationRep:
    congratulations!
    I will be going to Clare as well this October, and I have done the IB already! If you need any help, contact me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    R u absoluetly sure- clinging on for hope.. I don't why I got all-girls- in my original interview I mentioned my annoyance of rad fems!! Did they do this out of spite I wonder? Lol!!
    Lol, I won't take that personally nah, I wouldn't describe myself as radical. Seriously, I don't think all girls colleges are full of feminists - don't forget there will be plenty of pooled applicants like yourself with all kinds of backgrounds and views. In the end Cambridge is what you make of it - if you go with a good attitude you will find loads of mates from all over the uni and have the time of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    I don't why I got all-girls- in my original interview I mentioned my annoyance of rad fems!!
    Out of interest, why would feminists want to go to an all female college anyway? As I understand it, the feminist principals are about equality of the sexes - why then would they want to segregate themselves?
    Surely that is only compounding the idea that they are different, and need to have their own type of college :confused:

on another note:
    Well done erika - good choice of college too

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Out of interest, why would feminists want to go to an all female college anyway? As I understand it, the feminist principals are about equality of the sexes - why then would they want to segregate themselves?
    Surely that is only compounding the idea that they are different, and need to have their own type of college :confused:

on another note:
    Well done erika - good choice of college too

Alaric.
    I know that's, the big problem. Should women show demonstrate that they are equal to men by battling on in mixed colleges or differentiate themselves in singles sex colleges in order get the support they need? I would like a uni in which there is no need for single sex colleges, but right now there is. Even with 3 all female colleges there are still fewer women than men in the uni - imagine what the stats would be without them. IMHO single sex colleges provide a supportive base, promote the concept of the female academic throughout the uni and most importantly get more women into ancient unis which they have been excluded from for so long. I hope in the end there will be no real need for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Did you see the womens oxbridge colleges thread? Run a search!

Didn't see it - I'm guessing it would annoy me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    I would like a uni in which there is no need for single sex colleges, but right now there is. Even with 3 all female colleges there are still fewer women than men in the uni - imagine what the stats would be without them.
    I concur, although it seems like they are used as a scapegoat (as it were) to allow mixed colleges to not reform into equal proportions.
    I think it's sad that they're still necessary, hopefully that'll change at some point.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Nah, Hilda and I fought the corner- and I go to a mixed college! You should have a look, it would be interesting to see how you answer some of the points on there.
    Will look it up - cheers for keeping the side up!

ReputationRep:
    *sob* look at my "clean" thread

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.