The Student Room Group
Reply 1
stuck!!!!
Helloooo. Im in Year 11 at the moment, but when I leave 6th form, I'd really love to do law or land economy at Cambridge. Is anyone doing either of those? What are they like? Any advice on things that I could read etc. in preparation? I know its a bit premature, cos I'm only 15, but I want to be as prepared as I can be when it comes to the time I can apply to them. Lol x

I'm not at Cambridge yet...but I got an offer this morning!!

If you want to get into Cambridge for law....u've got to show a real interest in the subject.

I reckon you should try and get work experience in a solicitors firm/barristers' chambers....or even both!

Don't worry too much about the reading....not until U6 anyway....if you're really keen you could check out the Cambridge website....they have a recommended reading list on there.

Also, you might want to start reading the Times Law Supplement on Tuesdays before interview....though you don't need to worry about it....you're ages away from that yet!

G
Thats very good advice, law is so competitive you really need to show your interest in the subject. I considered applying to oxford but when i saw the amount of background reading and credentials of other applicants i was put off. Gzftans best advice was to not worry about all that yet, get the best grades you can in all the exams as that is just as much as your appreciation for the subject

Latest

Trending

Trending