Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    yeah and SUM ppl (mentioning no names!) should stop accusing ppl of being allies of u know who! :mad:
    Well it was a nice thought in theory, Crzy Sxy Cool.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if these ideas are random. The main forum should be only for debating/political and then subforums can be chat to keep the chatters chatting and not going in to the intellectual discussions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    can someone please tell me about his latest fiasco?? :confused:
    Check the please ignore maskell thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    Everyone just need to stop putting people down, when they say something in a discussion?
    tru! every time i say wot i believe, someone gives me negative rep! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Well it was a nice thought in theory, Crzy Sxy Cool.
    Yes, but deep down i can't hide my hatred of infinity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    And possibly new members cannot join.
    i think thats an excellent idea, and when new member do want to join everyone could have a vote after reading about them, as to whether they can join. That way everyone will know each other better, and hopefully have better understanding of other users.

ReputationRep:
    Well, surely the best option would be to make new accounts need an e-mail address which is different to all others on the board. An e-mail could be sent out to this address to activate the account. I know it would still be easy to sign up for a new account, but it would make it that bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    tru! every time i say wot i believe, someone gives me negative rep! :mad:
    yes i have only ever gave 1 person bad rep though. And thats the honest truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Yes, but deep down i can't hide my hatred of infinity
    Deep down your just jealous!

You love me and you know it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Well, surely the best option would be to make new accounts need an e-mail address which is different to all others on the board. An e-mail could be sent out to this address to activate the account. I know it would still be easy to sign up for a new account, but it would make it that bit longer.
    what it needs is e-mail verification, a password is assigned when you sign up and sent to your e-mail addy, you can then logon and change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    well he keeps tellin everyone he's maskall
    That's what I mean...if he seriously wanted to behave normally and maybe get some respect the only way he can do it is to register a new user, behave, and not tell anyone he is maskall.

ReputationRep:
    CrzySxyCool and Meepmeep I think that would work really well But it's hard to convince other users considering none of us are that well known/respected because we are all quite new.

ReputationRep:
    CrzySxyCool and Meepmeep I think that would work really well But it's hard to convince other users considering none of us are that well known/respected because we are all quite new.
    well as you can see by my rep. Im not understood very well. I admit i used to be one for arguing but i dont anymore i dont see the point. I think the "No more users" was a good bet though.

ReputationRep:
    You wonder is this me when the older members say the board was better without all the new people :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well as you can see by my rep. Im not understood very well. I admit i used to be one for arguing but i dont anymore i dont see the point. I think the "No more users" was a good bet though.
    Your rep is green, like mine. I've only got 1 gem but I don't consider myself to be a bad member

ReputationRep:
    Your rep is green, like mine. I've only got 1 gem but I don't consider myself to be a bad member
    it was grey but someone has given me good rep (",) thankyou ever so much for that. Very much appreciated x x x I dont really see us as NEW members though weve been on this a cople of months x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i agree
    Well, can that be arranged?

ReputationRep:
    i think thats an excellent idea, and when new member do want to join everyone could have a vote after reading about them, as to whether they can join. That way everyone will know each other better, and hopefully have better understanding of other users.
    This is just making the board even more biased about new members. Sure maybe the board was better in the past but now members have left and you have to move on. Maybe some new members are not always valued but there are some that might be just as nice and well mannered as the more respected members. There is such persecution against new members on this board and mostly by people who complain about bad manners on the board. Cant you just give us a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    This is just making the board even more biased about new members. Sure maybe the board was better in the past but now members have left and you have to move on. Maybe some new members are not always valued but there are some that might be just as nice and well mannered as the more respected members. There is such persecution against new members on this board and mostly by people who complain about bad manners on the board. Cant you just give us a chance?
    i was trying to do that but moderately. So the whole board including new members decide who they want to become part of the forum. Im not saying this would work im jst trying to say something to make it better.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.