Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone? just curious.

ReputationRep:
    well, you did, didn't you..? :confused: or maybe you did - why edit this post with both options http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t139301-3.html no 46 ? weird.. :rolleyes:
    but yes, i'm sure oxford collectively is quivering in anticipation for your arrival.

i imagine most people who didn't make their offers probably won't bother to venture back to this sub-forum , at least for some time until perhaps they consider a re-ap.

ReputationRep:
    Elles - I can't answer your PM till you clear some space! :eek: RichE

ReputationRep:
    victim of my own popularity, evidently.. ah, how TSR :love: s me..
    there's not a siginificant number of 'plZ hElp MeH w/ ma PS!', oh no.. cleared now though!

ReputationRep:
    Well I missed my offer... last Tuesday, though, so I've had some time to get used to the thought before the onslaught of people who made their offers (congrats to all, btw!).
    Oxford are supposed to make their decisions on whom to accept today, but as I missed the grade in the subject I'm meant to be studying, I'm not holding out much hope.
    I haven't seen anyone else who missed their offer... although lots of people haven't posted their results here yet.

Anyway, congrats to those who made their offer, commiserations (& empathy!) to those who didn't!

ReputationRep:
    Elles is right. I can't imagine it would be very comforting coming into the Oxford sub-forum if you've missed your offer - and have to put up with the majority jumping around in glee.

WhatFreshHell, tough luck. You've probably already thought it, but are you considering reapplying and retaking the modules you screwed up in next January/June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatFreshHell?)
    Well I missed my offer... last Tuesday, though, so I've had some time to get used to the thought before the onslaught of people who made their offers (congrats to all, btw!).
    Oxford are supposed to make their decisions on whom to accept today, but as I missed the grade in the subject I'm meant to be studying, I'm not holding out much hope.
    I haven't seen anyone else who missed their offer... although lots of people haven't posted their results here yet.

Anyway, congrats to those who made their offer, commiserations (& empathy!) to those who didn't!
    Any news,WFH? I was looking forward to meeting another Scot in October!

ReputationRep:
    Checked my track this morning, it's changed to 'Unsuccessful' and Bristol's gone to 'Accepted'.
    A bit disappointed, but I'll get over it. I'm sure it'll work out for the best in the long run anyway.

I have appealed the grades I didn't make, though. Don't know what I'm supposed to do if my appeals are successful.

Anyway, at least it looks like I'm the only TSR person to miss my offer. Odds were it was going to happen to some of us, at least it's only me!

WFH?

ReputationRep:
    Just a question: If you get an offer, by when must you decide whether to accept or reject the offer?

ReputationRep:
    14 days after UCAS send you a replying slip.

ReputationRep:
    One of my mates missed his offer by a grade, but was pooled to... St Peter's possibly? St someone hehe!

ReputationRep:
    Checked my track this morning, it's changed to 'Unsuccessful' and Bristol's gone to 'Accepted'.
    A bit disappointed, but I'll get over it. I'm sure it'll work out for the best in the long run anyway.

I have appealed the grades I didn't make, though. Don't know what I'm supposed to do if my appeals are successful.

Anyway, at least it looks like I'm the only TSR person to miss my offer. Odds were it was going to happen to some of us, at least it's only me!

WFH?
    WFH Bristol is AWESOME! I live there and my Dad works at the Uni. You will love it! the only reason I didn't go for my undergrad was cos I live here and wanted to go somewhere new. you will have a ball. Look me up when you're here- would be nice to meet you sometime.

Don't be blue- everything happens for a reason. Maybe you'd have had a crap time at Exeter College or something.

I know for a fact now tha tI was absolutely FATED to go to St Andrews for my undergrad, and it was the best thing that could have happened to me. If I had my time over again, I would still choose to go there.

I really admire you for being so upbeat- I know you wanted Ox badly...but bristol rules the howza! big up to you, WFH!

Love

KB

ReputationRep:

dont lose hope...only asked because i was curious what happened to others that missed it...a girl from my school got AAB and her offer was AAA, and she rang them and they gave her the place...i found this intersting because the way people were talking in here a few months ago, i got the impression that anyone who missed their grades would be rejected automatically without a second look in...obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    dont lose hope...only asked because i was curious what happened to others that missed it...a girl from my school got AAB and her offer was AAA, and she rang them and they gave her the place...i found this intersting because the way people were talking in here a few months ago, i got the impression that anyone who missed their grades would be rejected automatically without a second look in...obviously not.
    at my school they claimed that for the last 8 years or something everyone who missed their oxbridge offer by one grade had still been accepted...i know a fair few this happened to!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's some bad luck. I know loads of people who missed their offer by a grade and still got accepted. Better luck next time!

ReputationRep:
    I know of someone who's offer was AAA and got AAB, she's at St Peters now 'cause she did some ringing (and I strongly suspect so did our militant ex-army intelligence headmistress!)

Apparently Mansfield lost 14 freshers this year who didn't get their grades.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.