The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The same happened to me a few months ago I went with a few friends and my sister, I'm 16 and they are all 16/17 and my sister didn't get ID'd and she is 14. Really embarassing.
I dont think i have, ever, ever, been IDd for a game, or a movie. I do for booze, odd
Very frustrating. But they were probably only doing their job. Prompts on the till or a manager lurking etc.
Reply 23
Lol i got ID for beechams in Poundland.. apparently you have to be 16.. and im 20 -.-..

I got ID for wine in Somerfield once which I was okay with provided my ID etc.. but the woman wouldnt sell to me cos my boyfriend didnt have ID >.< thought that was a pain in the ass... was my 20th birthday as well...

I'm short tho so makes me look younger and as such have to deal with the whole "You got ID?"...
Reply 24
aliluvschoc
I got ID'd for chips in 'spoons.
And then later for actually being there.

ID'd for a 15 in Tesco, and 12 in Blockbuster. :hmmmm2:

ID'd to get into a club, then ID'd at the bar, then the guy from the door walked in and ID'd me again. :sigh:

Dont get me started on spoons... Me & my boyfriend had to provide ID for hot chocolates... (hes like 6'4 so it always amazes me why they ask him for ID esp over a hot chocolate?!) as such I didnt have any so we walked out.. We'd been in there loads of times for food tho and provided ID..
i got IDed for lotto tickets the other day.

with car keys in my hand and lots of makeup for a night out :frown:

but i didnt have my ID and they wouldnt serve me.
SO not funny :frown:
Reply 26
lolol
LunarLeon
I reckon he was trying to be funny with you. I would have just left the store and bought the product elsewhere.
Besides, what are you going to pick up from a 12 certificated product? Mild violence and very tame language. Oh no.

I wish i did to be honest! And i also wish i came up with some sort of witty remark but i just spluttered my age. :shifty:
Ahh, good to see i'm not alone in this :L
My mum's sister got stopped in Homebase (I think?) a couple of years ago trying to buys some kitchen knives, and asked to prove she was over 18, despite having her teenaged daughter with her! She didn't have any ID, so couldn't buy them, and went and bought them somewhere else!
Doodles89
Lol i got ID for beechams in Poundland.. apparently you have to be 16.. and im 20 -.-..

I got ID for wine in Somerfield once which I was okay with provided my ID etc.. but the woman wouldnt sell to me cos my boyfriend didnt have ID >.< thought that was a pain in the ass... was my 20th birthday as well...

I'm short tho so makes me look younger and as such have to deal with the whole "You got ID?"...

I have never understood this. So your friend/partner/little sister happens to come into the shop with you, what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?!?

I decided a while ago that the next time it happens to me i'm going to ask them if they ID'd all the children of the mother that came in and bought wine, cigarettes and condoms earlier and refused to sell them to her because her children where not old enough.

Doodles89
Dont get me started on spoons...

Ahh yes, spoons. I've been ID'd twice for spoons - both times all I bought was spoons and a tub of Ben and Jerry's, a monkey could piece this puzzle together; the spoons are for eating the ice cream not jacking up on heroin!
Well look at it as a good thing! You can let paedophiles groom you with presents and then when they want you to put out you can reveal that you're 16! I envy you!
The weekend I turned 18, I got ID'd for a 15. My 14 year old brother got in, hassle free. So yeah, you're not alone.
Peachesishere
:shy2: That's frigging embarrassing man!
And what was worse this guy i really like was behind the counter and he laughed.

I never get ID'd but still, it hasn't exactly given me a confidence boost...Stupid Game :|

Am i alone in this or has it happened to any of you guys?

Probably knew you were old enough and did it out of spite.

Picture this, you're a middle aged woman you're sat there behind a till doing a monotonous job sub-consciously your mind is telling you that you're a failure, how do you take out your frustration? Needlessly ID somebody to give yourself a false sense of power and importance of course!

The worst is when somebody ID's you for alcohol in a supermarket look at your ID and go 'just'. It's like first of all even if I'd turned 18 one second ago what difference does it make, I'm old enough... and second of all just? Yeah if only I'd came in here 2 years earlier you'd have caught me out and I'd be underage :rolleyes:

In conclusion I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 34
I thought it was bad enough when I was IDd for a 15 (I'm 18)!
Reply 35
why did he think you were a youngster? Do you dress like a 12 yr old would?
Doodles89

This happened to me in Poundland too, even though I've been buying paracetemol since I was about 14.

I've also been ID'd for a 12 game in Tescos when I was 16, and being 16 I didn't have any ID, only a bus pass >.<

A few weeks ago I was on the bus and the driver wouldn't let this girl on with this woman because he didn't believe she was a child (under 11 so doesn't have to pay) and demanded ID. The woman, quite rightly, was like "why the **** would she have ID?! SHE'S TEN!".
Peachesishere
:shy2: That's frigging embarrassing man!
And what was worse this guy i really like was behind the counter and he laughed.

I never get ID'd but still, it hasn't exactly given me a confidence boost...Stupid Game :|

Am i alone in this or has it happened to any of you guys?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Reply 38
Getting ID'ed in Tesco for alcohol is the most annoying, usually because the person ID'ing me ether looks younger than (or around the same age as) myself.
I know someone in their late 40s who was ID'd for alcohol by ASDA.

Latest

Trending

Trending