Turn on thread page Beta

hi, can someone please please please help me with an essay - compare and contrast the 2 opening scenes of cruel intentions and dangerous liasons. anyone have any notes or anything? please!!!! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkey)
    hi, can someone please please please help me with an essay - compare and contrast the 2 opening scenes of cruel intentions and dangerous liasons. anyone have any notes or anything? please!!!! X
    I know this has nothing to do with what you have aksed but cruel intentions is one hell of a good film (",)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkey)
    Hey Monkey!

I did a Media Studies piece on film openings, and it is now it is gonna be opened for my english media c/w aswell. I used this as the 2nd half of my introduction:

It is essential that a link is created between an audience and some aspect of a story early on in a film so that a viewer does not lose interest. This ‘link’ is often established in the first five minutes, to do so moviemakers often focus on one or two of the following:

· Establishing character(s)
    · Establishing an important location
    · Establishing a genre
    · Establishing a mood or atmosphere
    · Starting the narrative
    · Grabbing the audiences attention (often in an action sequence)
    · Setting up a mystery

Trying and look at what the two films you have watched are trying to do and why (linking back to what the audience and age/sex market for that group would want to see). Hope it helps..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    I know this has nothing to do with what you have aksed but cruel intentions is one hell of a good film (",)
    i no what u mean. Sarah Michelle Gellar is so sexy in that film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    yeah i agree its a great film. i think Ryan Phillippe is really fit in it

ReputationRep:
    Wierd.. am just listening to the opening musical number of Cruel Intentions!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.