This discussion is closed.
monkey
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi, can someone please please please help me with an essay - compare and contrast the 2 opening scenes of cruel intentions and dangerous liasons. anyone have any notes or anything? please!!!! X
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by monkey)
hi, can someone please please please help me with an essay - compare and contrast the 2 opening scenes of cruel intentions and dangerous liasons. anyone have any notes or anything? please!!!! X
I know this has nothing to do with what you have aksed but cruel intentions is one hell of a good film (",)
FudgeMonkey
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by monkey)
Hey Monkey!

I did a Media Studies piece on film openings, and it is now it is gonna be opened for my english media c/w aswell. I used this as the 2nd half of my introduction:

It is essential that a link is created between an audience and some aspect of a story early on in a film so that a viewer does not lose interest. This ‘link’ is often established in the first five minutes, to do so moviemakers often focus on one or two of the following:

· Establishing character(s)
· Establishing an important location
· Establishing a genre
· Establishing a mood or atmosphere
· Starting the narrative
· Grabbing the audiences attention (often in an action sequence)
· Setting up a mystery

Trying and look at what the two films you have watched are trying to do and why (linking back to what the audience and age/sex market for that group would want to see). Hope it helps..
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
I know this has nothing to do with what you have aksed but cruel intentions is one hell of a good film (",)
i no what u mean. Sarah Michelle Gellar is so sexy in that film.
Lyra
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
yeah i agree its a great film. i think Ryan Phillippe is really fit in it
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wierd.. am just listening to the opening musical number of Cruel Intentions!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (37)
7.92%
Confident (63)
13.49%
Indifferent (65)
13.92%
Unsure (117)
25.05%
Worried (185)
39.61%

Watched Threads