Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mates wer on abut the fact that id get 'extra' marks cos im younger...
    Ill be doin my maths gcse in november when ill be 14 years 7 months
    and get my results before im 15!
    all the rest of the gcses when im 15 years and 3 months, gettin all my results before im 15 an half..
    It isnt that much of a difference, i mean ive heard of ppl doing gcse's when ther like 12 and all, but im not sure
    wot do u's think?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think you got marks added on because of age...but maybe I'm wrong :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as far as I was aware age only had an effect with regards to the 11+ and getting into a grammar school. Didn't think it applied to formal exams

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you don't either. People who take GCSE or other exams earlier usually do so because they are considered of the same standard as the 15-16 year olds who take them. Often, it's because they are of an even higher standard, else they might as well just wait and take them when they are at the normal age. If you wern't of the same or a better level, you wouldn't take them early - and if you are of the same level, there's no reason why you should receive extra marks.

But i'm just guessing all this, i can't say for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, as everyone else has said, you won't receive extra marks just because your younger. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you won't get marks added on because of your age. If you're sitting the exam, it's because you (if your a private candidate) or your maths teacher feel you have understood most of the GCSE syllabus, and are therefore ready to take the exam. It might seem unfair, but age has no affect on your grade.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to disappoint you, but nope, no extra marks because of your age. GCSEs are designed for those aged 15/16, so if you take them early, it's because you're considered bright enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I hate to disappoint you, but nope, no extra marks because of your age. GCSEs are designed for those aged 15/16, so if you take them early, it's because you're considered bright enough.
    That's what i thought!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes I was right! Woo!

Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    If you do a subject when you are younger than that you are meant to be, for attempting that subject, that is your disadvantage. No extra marks!

ReputationRep:
    ah well dont really matter

i wont feel like i deserved the marks anyway cos ive studied the same as every1 has, never skippin a year

cheers!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.