Turn on thread page Beta

The Unrequited Love Society watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so here it is - a soc for those who utterly adore someone who barely knows they exist - feel free to whine about it here!

Anyone else hate themselves for being such a goddamn weakling, unable to stop themselves feeling that way and move on? I don't even know why I like my guy so much, seeing as I haven't even spoken to him properly for ages...! My mates think I'm being stupid and as a matter of fact so do I, but I can't help it. *sobs*

Worst thing is, my guy used to like me, but never asked me out, then got a girlfriend, then I entered a relationship, then he was single for ages, then he got a girlfriend, now I'm single again...argh, it's enough to make you sick. Met him over three and a half years ago and I still have feelings for him...!

WHY DID NEITHER OF US ASK THE OTHER OUT??? And now it's too late.

Moan away!

ReputationRep:
    I fell for someone at work, she is one of the cutest girls I've ever seen and her mannerisms really drew me in.
    I wouldn't usually make a move unless I've got some kind of gut feeling about them. In this case my instincts were going in to overdrive.. She noticed me everytime I walked in the room, she would look away again when we made eye contact, but she always had to glance over. Everytime I saw her before I made the move, the same thing would happen. My confidence was at an all time high.

I took the first step and sat down with her yesterday, she was very quiet but seemed friendly, but she was definitely unnerved by something. I didnt say anything offensive or force myself upon her, but she made some excuse and left

I sent her an email a bit later on - completely aloof - I didnt mention getting together or anything, just small talk. She replied with a very simple one-liner:

'Sorry, but I am seeing someone at the moment so this is not really appropriate.'

Nothing else.

I've never been blown out so unexpectedly before, i'm a bit taken back by it to be honest. The signals from her were very strong, there's no denying that.

Confused...

Anyway sign me up! Im not over her yet...

ReputationRep:
    i liked this guy as soon as i met him - around christmas- but he was already going out with my friend then, and they are still together now.. now i look back on it now it could have just been a boredom thing, haven't seen him in ages and not really interested anymore, just think he's an amazing person

ReputationRep:
    Most guys i like i have that problem, or the fact they are unavailble so i can't ever tell them. It's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    will definitely join. i've known the guy i like for about a year and half now and he sees me as nothing more then a good mate

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know if my guy likes me as a mate or not! Occasionally we text each other, but after a while he'll stop replying. The other day he texted me out of the blue telling me about a Bluetones gig, because he knows that I like them, and asking me about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, because we're both really into films. It really made my day.

How pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Delboy, I reckon she does like you, but she's confused because she's in a relationship etc. The way she acted wasn't particularly pleasant but I think her feelings are all in a muddle

I realise that doesn't make you feel any better. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Oh and Delboy, I reckon she does like you, but she's confused because she's in a relationship etc. The way she acted wasn't particularly pleasant but I think her feelings are all in a muddle

I realise that doesn't make you feel any better. Sorry!
    Don't apologise, Jelkin. It makes me feel better thinking like that. I'd rather not dwell on it to be honest. Her loss eh?

I cant really tell much from what you say about this bloke, hon. It depends what sort of stuff you're texting each other. Do you ever flirt, or is it just meaningless small talk that doesn't really go anywhere?
    If he's texting you out of the blue, then he's thinking about you. That's definately a good thing.

It may be that you both are just stuck in that rut where you have nothing to say to each other and both of you are just waiting for the other one to break that taboo. It's hard when you've known each other for so long.

Let him know that you think about him. Next time he texts you, tell him how nice it is to hear from him. Don't go overboard, just hint that you;ve been thinking about him. Sharing your feelings like that might get him to start relaxing and opening up to you too.

Hope you can get something sorted *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    I sooo need to join. My friend gave my number to a the friend of a guy I used to see the odd time about my area but never talked to because we had nothing to say bar hi. The friend passed on the number and we got txting but haven't met since. We get along so well and I would love to go out with him (ah the blonde hair just does for me). Unfortunately, he has a just got a new girlfriend and wants to 'see how it goes with her'. argh....

Maybe I should point out it its generally me who txts him and I'm starting to feel like a stalker (though on saturday I called him by mistake and he asked if I wanted to go out for drinks when he comes back from holiday).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.