kemp596
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, I am currently resitting applied ict unit 8 and 10 in june, i had to resit as last year one of my teachers was away ill for around 3month which put a big strain on everyone. As a result my overall mark was a grade C however I needed a grade B to get into my first choice university. Which meant i have had to stay back another year.

However the same teacher who was off ill last year is teaching me for the resit but she has AGAIN been off for the last 2month :mad: so i am now thinking this is going to ruin my chances of getting into uni again, could anyone who has previously done these units offer any help ? it would be much appreciated thanks !
mabrookes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you looked at the sample portfolios at http://ict.edexcel.org.uk/home/eportfolios/samples/ Most of the units are there (8 and 10 are), as well as comments on the marking scheme from markers.

Its not really something I can help you on, one seems more like project management and the other more like the dt work I did at school than general IT work lol
c_selby88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mabrookes has pointed you to the correct examples. Read the specification (on Edexcel's website) carefully, especially the section below the marking grid for each unit. For a "B", you need to achieve mid to high Band 2. Don't waste time on beautification of eportfolio, except for the actual product bit in Unit 10. It's the documents that are important. You didn't say what state your coursework is in. If you can make your questions more specific, I may be able to give you some advice. I teach both of these units.
fm_217
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can someone help with unit 8 .I have a question,can students choose their own project management tool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.8%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.46%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.71%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads