Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Superdrug tomorrow!

I applied to House of Fraser too, at the same time (only a few days ago), but I haven't heard from them. Really, i wanna work at H.of F but if they do offer me a job at Superdrug (being hopeful here!) should I just take it (as I'm desperate for a job), or ask if I can get back to them (and wait to see if I hear from H of F)?

Can anyone tell me what it's like working for either company?

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to tell you but ALL part time work in any shop is exactly the same, boring stacking shelves followed by dreary hours behind a till and taking allot of guff from unhappy customers, but its all worth it come payday

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but there must be some different betwen working in a cosmetics/toiletries store and working in a department store?

ReputationRep:
    nope, just what you stock the shelves with, but just keep telling yourself its only untill you get your degree, thats how I got though it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    only until i get my degree? well, im only just starting college so i wont get my degree for at least 5 years! LOL

had the interview for superdrug today. it went ok i suppose, but i dried up a bit halfway through! oh well, i find out if ive been successful wednesday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissSurfer)
    only until i get my degree? well, im only just starting college so i wont get my degree for at least 5 years! LOL

had the interview for superdrug today. it went ok i suppose, but i dried up a bit halfway through! oh well, i find out if ive been successful wednesday...
    Ahh its usual to be a bit nervous, its better to be nervous than to go in over confident and just look cocky, anyway best of luck for Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the job. (But my best mate did so I'm pleased for her). However, I did get a call from House of Fraser today about going to an interview there. The only thing is, I missed the call as I was out (they spoke to my sister, who asked if they wanted to give me a message and they said no, so my sister replied 'well ill get her to ring you back' - they just sed 'ok, bye' but they didn't leave a number to ring or anything. I'll leave it a few dyas to see if they try again otherwise I'll get the store number off the internet or something..

Woohoo! I'd much rather work at H of F anyway Wish me like if I get at interview!

mISSsURFER

ReputationRep:
    You're only 15 though so how can u get a job in a shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Princess*)
    You're only 15 though so how can u get a job in a shop?
    I think once you've done your GCSE's you can...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 in a few days time LOL

I'm the youngest in my year at school!

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    I worked in Superdrug on Oxford Street for 2 years when i was 17, and recently went back to another store but only for a week. I worked on the pharmacy which was relevant to the career i wanted to follow which made it a bit more bearable. When i went back about a month ago the till system had changed but it only took 30 secs to learn the new one. Be prepared for lots of monotonous work, doing the same thing day in day out. If you're a chatty person then thats a bonus, you can talk to the customers and if you're lucky the staff won't be too bad either. I found Superdrug to be an ok place to work when it was in Oxford St but they expect a lot from you and don't give much back. But that is retail full stop. They'll mess up your wages, they'll expect you to work extra hours but won't give you time off when you need it, and they'll take the piss when they think they can get away with it. Know your rights.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the job anyway...LOL

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    Hate to break the news....but superdrug is horrible. SO boring! Ive actually had an interview for another job since i joined 3 months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r0manticide17)
    Hate to break the news....but superdrug is horrible. SO boring! Ive actually had an interview for another job since i joined 3 months ago
    It doesn't matter.,..I didn't get the job!!! Makes me feel better though

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, its so bad though. I dread saturdays. ALl i do from Wednesday through to Friday is complain about how much i hate work. Id give it up, but im kinda dependant on the money, since i cant seem to stop spending money!

ReputationRep:
    Why not try and get another job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    I think once you've done your GCSE's you can...
    I think you have to wait until 3 months before your 16 and get a national insurance number.. some places like HMV is 18 though..

ReputationRep:
    ive had three interviews since and ive failed them all!

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview with House of fraser! (Did I mention I didn't get the Superdrug job??Actually, the interviews in 30 mins! I better leave now LOL

ReputationRep:
    Haha I got the job! At least I think I did - they didn't say explicitly but they mentioned 'contacting me to arrange an induction'!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.