The Student Room Group

Extended Project- Law

So, we've been asked to do an extended project at school, which is supposed to be an essay of minimum 1500 words. As someone hoping to study law, possibly at Oxbridge, I was intending to do an essay on a legal question where I could look at both essays and case studies.

So far, I was thinking of doing either 'Should people be able to legally own bodies and body parts?", "When do children become responsible for their own actions?" or "Should unmarried couples have the same rights as married ones?".

I find all of them interesting, so which one do you guys think is better- or any other ideas would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
impster
So, we've been asked to do an extended project at school, which is supposed to be an essay of minimum 1500 words. As someone hoping to study law, possibly at Oxbridge, I was intending to do an essay on a legal question where I could look at both essays and case studies.

So far, I was thinking of doing either 'Should people be able to legally own bodies and body parts?", "When do children become responsible for their own actions?" or "Should unmarried couples have the same rights as married ones?".

I find all of them interesting, so which one do you guys think is better- or any other ideas would be much appreciated :smile:

It should be something you're interested in and something you are confident you can get the materials needed to complete the essay. Beyond that, remember you are not going to change the face of law with this essay, and try not to make the question so broad as to dilute the essay. For example, instead of "Should unmarried couples have the same rights as married ones?" perhaps take a look at what it means to be married?

Latest