Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's worth asking for a remark just because you were close to the next grade. It could go down as well as up, and the only reason for a remark should be that you did much worse than expected and think something has gone wrong with the marking, not just that you want an A! Don't cash in your AS grades, ask your teachers to predict you AAAA at A2 and work hard next year to make sure you get, although since A2s are harder you could resit your lowest module in each subject to make it easier.

ReputationRep:
    had 3'As yet i ended up with a B,
    how is that possible? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My Course work summed it up to a B but all my module exams were A's (Dig you get? Module 3 is 25%)

Manifest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    Fact: they do take the best mark, so if you want to re-take by all means do that, you have nothing to lose as the best mark will be counted towards your final grade.

They really do not take the best mark. Remarks can go up as well as down....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    They really do not take the best mark. Remarks can go up as well as down....
    I was referring to re-taking not re-marking.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I know that if an a script gets re-marked, your marks can go up or down and they will simply accept the re-marked score so it's risky business.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.