Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 17 years old and I have been planning a 2 year trip to America to try and launch my acting career. I have been doing acting since I was 13 and have been in a number of things on television over the years.However I have landed a place at the New York Film Academy where Pierce Brosan and a numerous amount of film stars went,I know have all the money I need to go and I ave been getting cold feet about it all as my family thinks i'm making a mistake and my friends all think i'm mad! What should I do? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Haven't I seen this thread before? If you want to go then go for it, ignore everybody else do whats right for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazie_gayl_03)
    I am 17 years old and I have been planning a 2 year trip to America to try and launch my acting career. I have been doing acting since I was 13 and have been in a number of things on television over the years.However I have landed a place at the New York Film Academy where Pierce Brosan and a numerous amount of film stars went,I know have all the money I need to go and I ave been getting cold feet about it all as my family thinks i'm making a mistake and my friends all think i'm mad! What should I do? Please help
    Sounds like a great opportunity, and you'll probably always regret it if you don't take it up. Ok, so it might not work out and you've got to be prepared for that, but you don't want to live your life not doing something just because of what ifs...

In the end, you should do what's going to make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    if u think u csn do it do it .it is ur future and ur life

ReputationRep:
    Go and do it!

Getting in there must be so competitive... it'd be dumb to throw it away!

ReputationRep:
    just go with what ur heart says...u will be an actress....and can u gimme an aotugraph now ....lol
    All the best for ur life

ReputationRep:
    sounds exciting. i wish i could do something like that
    if it is a mistake, at least you know you did what you wanted to do, but it didnt work out
    i've always wanted to throw my life away to be an actor. even if i never became a successful one, the thought of it sounds fun. too bad i have no money

by the way, your family and friends aren't going with you, are they? so who cares. you'll like it here in america

ReputationRep:
    Can i please ask you a few questions, as i really want to become an actress myself? how did you get into acting? what drama schools did you go into?how hard were the auditions? eg have you got any useful tips you could lend me.

Oh ye ive just got an avatar, hehe, for those of you who know im obsessed with Orlando Bloom its him.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't go you'll always be wondering what if. If it doesn't work out you could always quit, then at least you'd know that you'd tried it. Its that chance of a lifetime, personally I think you'd be crazy to give it up.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you can plan enough for 3-4 yerars over there? Make sure that it isn't a scam, theres being a few about like this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.