The Student Room Group
Reply 1
BTW- Examining board for both subjects is CIE.
Reply 2
I did both at A level and found sociology to be much more interesting. It is often a subject that is scoffed at however.
Reply 3
English Lit for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
*Darcie*
I did both at A level and found sociology to be much more interesting. It is often a subject that is scoffed at however.

Would you say you disliked Literature?
Reply 5
Vampire90210
Would you say you disliked Literature?

I didn't strongly dislike it, just found some of the texts we had to study a bit of a drag at times I think.
Reply 6
I don't take sociology, but I take Lit and I love it, it's definately one of my favourite subjects at the moment. But do find out what texts you'd be studying and be prepared to read and memorise quite a bit if your exma board is anything like mine (OCR) and does closed text examinations....:argh:
Master.K
English Lit for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

:judge: I'm doing Sociology and did Lit at AS :yes:

OP, when ignoring whether or not a subject is considered 'soft', it really comes down to what will interest you more. Find out what texts you will be studying and check Sociology's specification.

aaaaand (mostly for Master K.'s benfit, I still :love: you though :p:), taking soft subjects only matters when you're taking more than one. So if your other subjects are solid, don't worry about it :smile:

Sorry K, I guess I want to defend my subject :p:
Reply 8
Manila Paper
:judge: I'm doing Sociology and did Lit at AS :yes:

OP, when ignoring whether or not a subject is considered 'soft', it really comes down to what will interest you more. Find out what texts you will be studying and check Sociology's specification.

aaaaand (mostly for Master K.'s benfit, I still :love: you though :p:), taking soft subjects only matters when you're taking more than one. So if your other subjects are solid, don't worry about it :smile:

Sorry K, I guess I want to defend my subject :p:

Fair enough. :p: :love:
Reply 9
Do which one you like best OP, after all your the one who is going to have to see it through. Personally, I would take Lit.
Master.K
Fair enough. :p: :love:

:love:
Reply 11
What other subjects are you taking? For a fourth AS I think it really doesn't matter whether you take English Lit or Sociology. Unis will be much more interested in the subjects you are taking to A2.

Latest