The Student Room Group

Engineering Applicants

Hi there,

I was just wondering :

1.Where have you applied?
2.What field of Engineering have you applied for?
2.What grades did you get at Gcse, A/S level?
4.Have you recieved any offers?
5.Where will you firm and insure, and how do you feel about it?

Im working for my A/S at the moment, and just a bit curious about the next step after my exams :smile:

Thanks alot
~Aeroman1
Reply 1
1. Durham and Warwick for general, Queens Belfast and Heriott-watt (2nd year entry) for mechanical, Queens Belfast for civil. All Masters
3. 3 A* 6A and 2B at GCSE. AAAA at A/S in maths, physics, biology and history. Also last year A in maths A-level. This year doing further maths, physics and biology
4. Offers for all
5. Firm Durham and insurance not sure but most likely Queens for civil or mechanical.
Reply 2
1.Where have you applied? Southampton, Bristol, Loughborough, Leeds, Leicester
2.What field of Engineering have you applied for? Aero
2.What grades did you get at Gcse, A/S level? GCSE : 4A*, 3A, 2B AS:3A 1B
4.Have you recieved any offers? all 5
5.Where will you firm and insure, and how do you feel about it?
Firm soton! - Love it!!! Seemed like a home to me!
Insurance Bristol - Its good department - didnt like the uni or city too much
Reply 3
1.Where have you applied? Warwick, Bristol, Southampton, Loughborough, Bath
2.What field of Engineering have you applied for? Mech Eng Masters
2.What grades did you get at Gcse, A/S level? GCSE: 3A*s 12A's AS level 5As A2 level 3As
4.Have you recieved any offers? 3 A's from all, which I have achieved. So unconditional from all now.
5.Where will you firm and insure, and how do you feel about it? Choosing between Bristol and Bath at the moment.
Reply 4
1.Where have you applied? Imperial, Loughborough, Warwick, Sheffield and Bath
2.What field of Engineering have you applied for? General MEng and warwick, aero MEng at the rest
2.What grades did you get at Gcse, A/S level? GCSE: One A*, 8 As, one B, one C. AS: A/A/A/B in Maths/FMaths/Chem/Physics
4.Have you recieved any offers? From all 5
5.Where will you firm and insure, and how do you feel about it? Not sure, probably imperial with bath or loughborough as insurance
Reply 5
*subscribes*

I would really like to have an idea of how competitive Engineering is atm. From what I see, everyone got all 5 offers...

By the way, do you think that the entry requirements or the competition will increase next year? I'm applying :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending