Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would Ugg-style boots (probably beige) look ok under a choc brown gypsy skirt?? the skirt finishes a couple of inches below my knee
    cheers

xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say without seeing the boots, but it sounds a bit like you'd be mixing winter boots with a summery skirt which could look a little odd. I saw a woman yesterday in furry boots and a bright pink gypsy skirt and she just looked weird. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    nooooo throw out your gypsy skirt and your ugg booots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_wise)
    It's hard to say without seeing the boots, but it sounds a bit like you'd be mixing winter boots with a summery skirt which could look a little odd. I saw a woman yesterday in furry boots and a bright pink gypsy skirt and she just looked weird. Hope this helps.
    well....i really wanna wear some sort of boots - is there anything anyone could recommend?? and the skirt isn't bright pink......it is more of a wintery colour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    nooooo throw out your gypsy skirt and your ugg booots
    why?????

ReputationRep:
    because ugg boots are just plain wrong. and the gypsy skirt has been done to death.
    only my two pence though
    i think some other boots would be better with that, maybe some slouch boots.

ReputationRep:
    Just because ugg boots are out and gypsy skirts are on the way out, it doesn't mean that they should be discarded, so don't throw them out.

Saying that, I wouldn't wear them together, it looks a bit fashion-victimy.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest maybe cowboy boots rather than ugg boots - much cooler!and i reckon gypsy skirts r still pretty cool wen worn the right way!

ReputationRep:
    in a word ........no! but thats just IMO

ReputationRep:
    actually if the skirt isnt full length n u really want to wear it then it would probably be best to just wear flats!

ReputationRep:
    i agree with fleece.. throw em out!.. but if you really don't wanna dont wear them 2geva!! get a pair of riding boots or something.

ReputationRep:
    what to wear with dark brown ugg boots?

ReputationRep:
    ugg boots should never have been designed in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I think ugg boots look better with shorter skirts and jeans. Gypsy skirts look better better with flat, backless shoes or flipflops. Some people can get away with wearing cowboy boots with them too though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecustardqueen)
    Would Ugg-style boots (probably beige) look ok under a choc brown gypsy skirt?? the skirt finishes a couple of inches below my knee
    cheers

xxx
    um... in my opinion it would not look ok, it would look horrible. Different boots, the skirt is fine...

ReputationRep:
    if you want to wear your boots wear something like a denim mini or a dark (kinda wintery) rarr rarr skirt (i just got a gorgeous chocolate brown one from new look)

if you want to wear the gypsy skirt wear flipflops, flat shoes or pretty sandals (maybe with a little kitten heel or something)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought that ugg boots look terrible on anyone, so I wouldn't do it if I were you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I've always thought that ugg boots look terrible on anyone, so I wouldn't do it if I were you!
    It depends on the style. I don't like the horrid fluffy, no shaped ones (although i have a pair of slippers like them that are uber cosy!), but i have a pair of beige suede boots that are a really nice fit and don't look chavvy (imo, but i probably look dead stupid in them!)... i don't like them over jeans though (although I have been known to do it on a snowy day in Dundee)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    UGG BOOTS! i love em.. too bad i dont have a pair....
    venus

ReputationRep:
    would flat beige boots look ok then with the skirt?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.