Turn on thread page Beta

'EMA Learning Agreement Part 1' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the "EMA Learning Agreement Part 1"? Apparently I have to bring it to my college enrolment but I don't seem to have it, or know what it is.

How do I get it? What is it??

ReputationRep:
    I havent even been told if I have been granted it yet! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    I havent even been told if I have been granted it yet! :eek:
    Me neither...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Me neither...
    Ring them up on monday, God knows I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Ring them up on monday, God knows I am
    Who, EMA? Any idea what the learning agreement is? Meh, I'm gonna have to do loads of ringing around on Monday.

Bran Prochorus

ReputationRep:
    im not sure weather i cna get EMA it depends if my mum starts work or not

ReputationRep:
    Who, EMA? Any idea what the learning agreement is? Meh, I'm gonna have to do loads of ringing around on Monday.

Bran Prochorus
    Yeah, ring EMA and ask them why you havent had a letter off them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Yeah, ring EMA and ask them why you havent had a letter off them about it.
    How long ago did you send yours off?

Bran Prochorus.

ReputationRep:
    How long ago did you send yours off?

Bran Prochorus.
    ages ago, ill just ring and tell them that my parents pay their wages.

ReputationRep:
    I think your talking about the EMA contract which EMA send you in the post, this you need to take in to college, and get your EMA supervisor/ the one that control it all to sign it or something to that tune. I didnt actually get my contract intill two weeks into college last year (very annoying) But definately if your in any doubt ring them up. I found out that i should of actually got in the the post, but it was obviously lost or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    I think your talking about the EMA contract which EMA send you in the post, this you need to take in to college, and get your EMA supervisor/ the one that control it all to sign it or something to that tune. I didnt actually get my contract intill two weeks into college last year (very annoying) But definately if your in any doubt ring them up. I found out that i should of actually got in the the post, but it was obviously lost or something.
    Did I need to get my original forms that I sent off signed by my college? On enrolment day?

What's this "contract"?? Should I be recieving that after sending my form off?

ReputationRep:
    In my case, I sent of the The EMA forms in around JUly, then in Late august (?) I got a reply which consisted of a letter from Ema stating the exact amount of Ema I woiuld revieve per week and also I should of recieved a contract. Which is really a peice of paper with two slips. Both need to be signed by your EMA officer and then If i remember right, They keep one which they send of to the Ema people to validate the beginning of your EMa Payments, and the other you keep.

I presume this is still the system.. It has changed a bit lately. (Loving those £100 bonuses per term!) although it did mean that all of your teachers had to sign this, so had to keep em sweet

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I don't have EMA and im not going to fill in the sheet with creative accounting to get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    I don't know. I don't have EMA and im not going to fill in the sheet with creative accounting to get it
    You cant fill it in with creative accounting. They ask for your parents Tax Credit Award Notice from the Inland Revenue.

ReputationRep:
    ive just sent off and theyre processing it now...

ReputationRep:
    w00t
    got my letter this morning, they are giving it to me

ReputationRep:
    You cant fill it in with creative accounting. They ask for your parents Tax Credit Award Notice from the Inland Revenue.
    Well. My family gets screwed over, whereas alot of my friends rake it in and just see it as free money to piss away

ReputationRep:
    EMA was a godsend over the last 2 years, If you think you have a chance of getting it, I say go for it. If you havent applied yet, its not to late. EMA payemtns get backdated from when you start to get it
    (Althou in my college you had to have kept a record of your attendance to get it backdated - But then again in my college you had to get teachers to sign an EMA form every lesson for evidence of attendance. But it changes from each institution.)

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.