level 3 btec in 1 year? Watch

remzo
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was wondering, is it possible to complete a level 3 btec in a year? I want to do web/ software development next year but i dont want to take up another 2 year course.

Any help appreciated.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend started a level 3 btec this time last year and he looks set to finish in three weeks. He's looking at MMM, from what I know, so you'll probably be fine.
remzo
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
My friend started a level 3 btec this time last year and he looks set to finish in three weeks. He's looking at MMM, from what I know, so you'll probably be fine.
cheers m8
iPhone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A BTEC National Diploma which is at Level 3 will take two years to completed.
The_Dark_Knight
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Yes you can but you will have to find a collage etc allowing you to complete the course in a year. I will doubt you will one, collages prefer to keep students for a two year course for two years.
bamtutor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It takes 2 years as Edexcel set out minimum guided learning hours for each course. You could do a L3 Award in less than 1 year (6 units) which is equivalent to 1 A level, if your college offers this option.
However, if you have already completed a L3 course and are now over 18, it may not be funded and you may have to pay for the course yourself.
remzo
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
thank guys
davidglebe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
in some courses you can do a level 3 btec national certificate, which is worth two a levels in a year
jerry91
Report 8 years ago
i am sorry but thats impossible. any level 3 course requires u to stay at least three years if u want to get the qualification it provides. if u really dont want to spend three in years then you could downgrade the level to level 2 that way it takes only two years
davidglebe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jerry91)
i am sorry but thats impossible. any level 3 course requires u to stay at least three years if u want to get the qualification it provides. if u really dont want to spend three in years then you could downgrade the level to level 2 that way it takes only two years
you must be mistaken for another type of course, because the most that you can spend doing a level three btec is two years, unless of course you repeat a year
HannahW91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I suppose its not impossible but I wouldn't recommend it...you'd be so stressed! Especially if you want to go for the higher grades.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry OP, slight update you you, my mate spent a little over a year on his BTEC having switched courses at the end of year 12, he's been awarded DDM. So anyone telling you that you can't do a level 3 btec in a year is a liiiarrrrrrrr
johnconnor
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it was a new course that was released in september and it is called Btec extended diploma
Machine123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by remzo)
I was wondering, is it possible to complete a level 3 btec in a year? I want to do web/ software development next year but i dont want to take up another 2 year course.

Any help appreciated.
yes there are BTEC Level 3 (90 credit diploma) available which is equivalent to 1.5 a levels and only 1 year. but you can do 2 years if you want and equivalent of 3 a levels
bamtutor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Machine123)
yes there are BTEC Level 3 (90 credit diploma) available which is equivalent to 1.5 a levels and only 1 year. but you can do 2 years if you want and equivalent of 3 a levels
I think the OP has probably finished college now anyway as the post was 7 years old..
Omgjustwork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Rather than having a mod close these threads. I'd love to hear what came of your time in college.
Kalayah
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I Was studying 3 A Levels but decided to drop one as it was so hard. I then took up BTEC Level 3 (NEC) Health and Social Care and my teacher allowed me to complete this 2 year course in 1 year which would allow me to leave 6th form without staying an extra year back. The content is not at all hard, it is easy to learn but the coursework can be an overload and quite stressful especially alongside 2 A Levels. I need a distinction at the end, and this option is always possible, just ask your school/college if they do this and if you’re ready to take the extra pressure.
Kalayah
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I Was studying 3 A Levels but decided to drop one as it was so hard. I then took up BTEC Level 3 (NEC) Health and Social Care and my teacher allowed me to complete this 2 year course in 1 year which would allow me to leave 6th form without staying an extra year back. The content is not at all hard, it is easy to learn but the coursework can be an overload and quite stressful especially alongside 2 A Levels. I need a distinction at the end, and this option is always possible, just ask your school/college if they do this and if you’re ready to take the extra pressure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.2%

Watched Threads