Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    any goes there/going there?

i dont know anything about it, but it has a great course (classical studies and ancient history) and a good classics department aparently.

i had never heard of it... so not a great reputation i guess, plus i got through the clearing line straight away, plus there are no threads on it.

i have other options (newcastle, but next year or goldsmiths) but lampeter really has the course most suited for me.

any students here can tell me about the social life? lampeter town itself is very small so im suspicious...

basically, anyone know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    My Gran used to live there, so I've been there a few times, but don't know anything about the uni. Its a fairly small town, I doubt there are more than 15,000 people there. In terms of shops, there's not much. A Somerfields or a Safeway (can't remember which), a Co-Op, a place that used to do good curries and a place that used to do good ice-cream, uh, a couple of small clothes shops and a few newsagents. Some pubs, but other than that there's nothing in the way of nightlife in the town itself, don't know about the uni. Err, a few buses come and go, don't know the routes, there's no train station.

ReputationRep:
    1800 people go to that uni.

im not so fussed about clubs, per say. i think the musics too loud etc... taking a bottle of wine or two to a friends room is fine for me.

however, the lack of shops might kill me.

also, they all speak welsh apparently.

basically, i have to choose between the course here, or the location in london

thanks for the reply though

ReputationRep:
    lampeter is a very small uni and yeah they do speak a lot of welsh but a lot of students do fine there ive been there a couple of times for a welsh course here and there it was nice, if your looking for a close knit community etc then go there
    my history teacher said its fantastic but i mean 1)its too close to home for my likeing and 2) its just like home only with a uni.
    when i went up there mind i talked to a few students who where there and they said the night life is good plus they have a good student union bar
    all of this and im not going to uni untill next year haha (done my research :P)

ReputationRep:
    So, who here is going to Lampeter? I'm coming from the U.S. to study there- any other Int'l students? Or any student at all? I'll take anyone, really.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd post here to say congratulations to Lampeter uni for beating Exeter (no less!!) on University challenge last night!

I live 10 minutes away from Lampeter - it's my local town, but I'm going away for uni. it's not a bad town, not very big either though. One or two half-decent small clothes shops (Our Style, Random Collection) if you like that sort of thing (verging on hippyish/surf-y type garments). A few pubs... *shrugs*. Plenty of people speak English, so you don't need to worry about that. Basically a nice place. One word to describe it? Gentle.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.