do long-distance relationships work?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
snow_white
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
help all, i need advice, i was wondering if anyone thinks long distance relationships work. see my partner is leaving for university this year and i can't go till next year, even then we will be in seperate towns. we love each other very much and want to stay together, and in the future make that permanent, but i'm so worried it won't work him being away. any thoughts? please i really need another opinion.
snow_white
Rep:
?
well this is depressing, very.
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by snow_white)
help all, i need advice, i was wondering if anyone thinks long distance relationships work. see my partner is leaving for university this year and i can't go till next year, even then we will be in seperate towns. we love each other very much and want to stay together, and in the future make that permanent, but i'm so worried it won't work him being away. any thoughts? please i really need another opinion.
it can work if you take time from your weekends and stuff.....absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that!
snow_white
Rep:
?
(Original post by curryADD)
it can work if you take time from your weekends and stuff.....absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that!
thanx curry.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
I know some people prefer a long distance relationship from time to time. This is the situation I'm presented with in a few weeks. With any luck it shall last, but you've got to realise that the chances of failure due to something stupid now increase ten fold with a long distance relationship.
voodooAkko
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by snow_white)

impossible
sorry to tell you....
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by voodooAkko)
impossible
sorry to tell you....
Impossible is a word used by those who are too afraid to try.
voodooAkko
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Impossible is a word used by those who are too afraid to try.
I failed 6 times
"impossible" was the word someone told me and I didn't believe in the past
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nothing is really impossible. Apparently love conquers all and in your case you both love each other very much, you have everything working with you to make your relationship succeed. Wanting to be in the relationship in the first place is the ground stone, and when 2 people love each other as you both do, distance wont be a problem as you will be in each others thoughts and hearts. Honestly, distance does make the heart grow fonder, perhaps to much.
voodooAkko
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
Nothing is really impossible. Apparently love conquers all and in your case you both love each other very much, you have everything working with you to make your relationship succeed. Wanting to be in the relationship in the first place is the ground stone, and when 2 people love each other as you both do, distance wont be a problem as you will be in each others thoughts and hearts. Honestly, distance does make the heart grow fonder, perhaps to much.
then you just love a man of you imagination
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.58%
Confident (49)
13.14%
Indifferent (53)
14.21%
Unsure (93)
24.93%
Worried (146)
39.14%

Watched Threads