Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've got a few tattoos myself, and have done my own little investigation into healing! The trick is to use lots of Vaseline, not Savlon. On the tattoos I've used Savlon on, they've taken about 2 weeks to heal up properly, on my tattoos using vaseline, they are properly healed within a week if you're good. Don't pick or scratch at the scabs at all, no matter how itchy they are! It's hard I know, but the scabs will fall off in their own time. If it itchs, just use that as an excuse to rub some vaseline on it! Seriously you really cant put enough of that stuff on it!

Other than that, keep them dry, avoid swimming (thus avoiding dirty infections), but showering is ok! Definitely keep them out of direct sunlight, otherwise they WILL fade! (i made that mistake!), and even after they are all healed up, use a very high factor suncream on them whilst out in the sun! It'll keep them looking good for longer!

Hope that's helped!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.