Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    true:p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to Mad Caddie, Blue Angel. You're pretty and you are definately NOT borderline ugly. She's probably just mocking you for making the thread, like other people have said before. Or she's jealous of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    OK Saba, if you like curly hair, so be it, I just don't think it's very fetching. I never said you were fat, I said you looked like you had chubby cheeks. I know you're wearing asian clothing, a shalwar kameez (?) no less, but in that particular picture it didn't look too attractive. Finally, the state of your friends relationships does not reflect their physical appearance, I'm sure they're all beuatiful inside.
    Thank you, thats a better explanation. How do you know my name btw?
    I love my silky curls, way more better than straightening my hair and drying it out. Yeah I have chubby cheeks, they always get squeezed :rolleyes: Its good though you spoke the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    To be honest, I wouldn't say you were ugly, but then you're not very pretty. I'd say borderline ugly.

You could change the following things:-

1 - Straighten your hair and get a better hair cut.
    2 - Lose a few pounds? (Those cheeks did look chubby so ease off the burgers, like)
    3 - Get a better dress sense.
    4 - Get a new group of friends!! (Even if you make yourself look better, hanging out with those mingers will be sure to bring you down)
    That was brutal :eek:

I voted 6. You are pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryrandom)
    Don't listen to Mad Caddie, Blue Angel. You're pretty and you are definately NOT boarderline ugly. She's probably just mocking you for making the thread, like other people have said before. Or she's jealous of you
    She, is actually a he. And no, I'm not mocking her. She asked for advice, I gave it, how that interprets as being jealous or mocking is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Blueangel, if you really want to be put in a better position for rating, I really think you should post a bigger and clearer picture of yourself. Posting a tiny little unclear pic is really going to get you mixed reviews because we can't even see you properly!!!
    Yeah sorry, I'll take another picture of myself today and post it here. That picture I scanned, so it wasnt that clear.

ReputationRep:
    well... as I was saying before the thunderstorm...

Just try and think over your life, what is good about, your friends, what nice things people have said about you and who said the nasty things (probably not the nicest people anyway). We can't all look like those supermodels, so just look around and you'll see that not everyone looks perfect, it'll make you feel better about yourself.
    I really used to hate my nose and my hips until someone who doesn't really know me that well told me he thinks my nose is cute and that I remind him of Marilyn Monroe (and he meant it in a good way, looks wise). I still hate my nose and don't think it looks cute, but every time I find myself looking in the mirror and worrying about my looks I remind myself of what he said. Some one somewhere thinks my nose is cute, or even if he didn't really like it that much, it didn't make him puke and not like me. Think of all the friends you have - they all love you irrelavant of the way you look, they like you as you are. Getting a few beauty tips is different from asking people if you are ugly... you've really got to get away from that whole line of thinking. You are who you are and should be proud of that. Just try and think more positively about yourself, polls like this will just make you depressed if people point out things you can't change. Like if someone told me they hated my nose I'd be very upset, because I'm already unsure enough about it (eventhough it's not really that bad compared to others... and someone at least thinks it's cute :laugh: ) - just always keep the good comments in mind and forget the others, as selfconfidence and feeling good about yourself is more important in the end, it really is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Thank you, thats a better explanation. How do you know my name btw?
    I love my silky curls, way more better than straightening my hair and drying it out. Yeah I have chubby cheeks, they always get squeezed :rolleyes: Its good though you spoke the truth
    I know everything, that's how I know your name.
    I personally think wavy (not curly) or straight hair looks nice.
    Maybe your cheeks look chubby because of the picture, the angle etc? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    To those who voted me as very ugly (1/2/3), could you please tell me why? Do I need to change something, my hair style, more makeup, plastic surgery?
    I would love to know why I'm not, like I said,I'm trying to make myself look better.
    Please don't go having plastic surgery. Please. If you are unhappy, then just go for semi-permanent make-up or somethng, please dont go paying someone to take a scalpel to your face...Not that there's any need to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niccolo)
    Please don't go having plastic surgery. Please. If you are unhappy, then just go for semi-permanent make-up or somethng, please dont go paying someone to take a scalpel to your face...Not that there's any need to do anything.
    Whats wrong with it? I had it - its very rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    well... as I was saying before the thunderstorm...

Just try and think over your life, what is good about, your friends, what nice things people have said about you and who said the nasty things (probably not the nicest people anyway). We can't all look like those supermodels, so just look around and you'll see that not everyone looks perfect, it'll make you feel better about yourself.
    I really used to hate my nose and my hips until someone who doesn't really know me that well told me he thinks my nose is cute and that I remind him of Marilyn Monroe (and he meant it in a good way, looks wise). I still hate my nose and don't think it looks cute, but every time I find myself looking in the mirror and worrying about my looks I remind myself of what he said. Some one somewhere thinks my nose is cute, or even if he didn't really like it that much, it didn't make him puke and not like me. Think of all the friends you have - they all love you irrelavant of the way you look, they like you as you are. Getting a few beauty tips is different from asking people if you are ugly... you've really got to get away from that whole line of thinking. You are who you are and should be proud of that. Just try and think more positively about yourself, polls like this will just make you depressed if people point out things you can't change. Like if someone told me they hated my nose I'd be very upset, because I'm already unsure enough about it (eventhough it's not really that bad compared to others... and someone at least thinks it's cute :laugh: ) - just always keep the good comments in mind and forget the others, as selfconfidence and feeling good about yourself is more important in the end, it really is.
    Looks is the most important thing though, when you're out with your mates, and you wanna pull, looks is the first thing a guy sees, if youre ugly, they will not approach you and start to get to know your personality. The good thing is, I have a way better body than my face, sometimes I just feel like walking around naked but hiding my face :rolleyes: But face is the most important part, my male friends all think the face is the most important thing, they dont want to wake up next to some minger. The good comments Ive had in the past, are my hair, but most people dont like curly hair on here :confused: so yeah it is sorta depressing, seen as though that is the only hair cut that is supposed to suit me. I try my best to be more of a confident person, but I cant, its hard. I'm gald guys on here are being truthful, thats what I want, although looking at the poll, mostly girls have polled :confused:

ReputationRep:
    can i just say girls- no offence, but when i go out clubbin most girls would look minging without their make-up. Very rarely does a girl look very fit without make-up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureaussiecto)
    can i just say girls- no offence, but when i go out clubbin most girls would look minging without their make-up. Very rarely does a girl look very fit without make-up!
    And I'd like to add, when I go out, I always wear makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    Whats wrong with it? I had it - its very rewarding.
    oh right, fair enough, if it went well. Its just that having it done on your face can occasionally fu*k up and leave you in a pretty bad way. Im all for breast enhancement, however... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I voted 6, might have been higher if that wasn't such a poor shot of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Being honest i'd say about 5, if i saw you in a club or something i wouldn't look twice, but at the same time i wouldn't think "damn that girl is bad-looking". You're pretty much average in my opinion.

Ultimately, there's nothing you can do to actually change your looks that much, plastic surgery is ok for little things which people want straightened out or whatever, but you don't have any real bad features.

If you wanna pull more, confidence (even if it's fake) and assertiveness will help more than pluckin' your eyebrows differently or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I like your hair its so pretty, i love curls

ReputationRep:
    You look lovely - toally not how I expected you to look though! I like your hair, is it naturally curly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureaussiecto)
    Let's see a pic of you then, Adonis.

And how can you judge someone on the basis of seeing them in a club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    You look lovely - toally not how I expected you to look though! I like your hair, is it naturally curly?
    awww, thanks No I got it done from the hairdressers, its coming out now, the top half is straight and the bottom half is wavy, but it still looks fine. My hair is longer now, so I'm gonna get the curls done again and this time they wont be tight as last times.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.