Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do dentistry but I don't have the grades. I'm going to begin biomedical sciences at Bradford Uni but hopefully will go on to do dentistry as a postgraduate. Does anyone have any tips or advice. I really want to do dentistry and I realise it's going to take a long time, .............is it worth it? Is this the only route to do dentistry if I don't have the grades?

ReputationRep:
    maybe it would be quicker and simpler to just retake and get the grades rather than to do a whole degree you don't really want to do??

ReputationRep:
    You could resit some modules you didn't do so well in and re-apply for 2006 entry, you stand a decent chance if you got an offer/interview this year.

You could also go and study abroad in places like Latvia and the Czech Republic, the catch with this is you have to pay international tuition fees as well as living costs all out of your own pocket, and I don't think the LEA will aid you with this. The average cost is around £15,000 pa but can be more depending on your lifestyle.

I think graduate entry seems like a nice idea, and gives you a chance to explore another course; the problem is, firstly you will be in serious debt by the time you have finished this degree, and to add to that with the five years of dentistry will be a bit much, however, this may not be the case depending on your financial situation. Secondly, the number of places available at each uni for graduate entry are few, and extremely comptetitive, it is unlikely you will get a place as there will be so many like you, and so many trying to follow the same path.

I personally would advise resits.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.