The Student Room Group

Friend Needs Help Choosing A-Levels! Urgent...

My friend needs some good advise so he can choose the correct a-levels to study he is not sure which if his a-levels are suitable or if they are...

advise what to choose or any suggestions would be helpful...

he is doing - Maths,Economics,Geography,Biology

I think he would want to study Economics or with Finance in the future at uni if this helps:smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
keep maths, of geography and biology which ever he will do better in, geography is probably slightly more relevent but I dont think unis will have preference between the two
Reply 2
abbii
keep maths, of geography and biology which ever he will do better in, geography is probably slightly more relevent but I dont think unis will have preference between the two

He is doing both Biology and Geography
Reply 3
sorry, maybe I missed the point then
Reply 4
it's a bit unclear. what do you need? I thought it was advice on his subjects? :confused:
Reply 5
Yh i was just asking is

Maths,Economics,Biology,Geography...

a good combination of subjects to choose from? or does other go well better?
Reply 6
What does your friend like? we can't really tell...

Maths, Economics, Physics, Geography
Reply 7
then yes good combination to study economics
Reply 8
yeah he would be making the right decision :smile:
Reply 9
You have stated that your friend wishes to study mathematics, economics, geography and biology with the intention of studying either finance or economics in the future. With that in mind, I would recommend that your friend takes up finance as a course also - Many colleges offer the finance course from the ifs school of finance which offers financial management courses from level 3 to degree level.

Geography doesn't seem all that relevant though -_-
Reply 10
Some uni's prefer further maths for economic's.
Reply 11
Yeah further maths is a good idea
Physics is good too (if you can do it that is) :yup:

Latest