Turn on thread page Beta

Human Rights Defender Charged as Unrest in Iran's Kurdish Regions Continues watch

ReputationRep:
    Where do we stop? Do we give Azeris a country? Gilakis? Arabs? Mazandaranis? Balochis? Torkemans? Loris?
    This is wrong, you cannot compare Kurds with these races.

1) turkomans have a nation of their own...turkmenistan, we do not need to give them another nation. Plus turkomans are not being persecuted in iran or anywhere else.
    2) Arabs? Arabs have over 28 nations of their own, its absurd to even think that they need to be given separate racial rights in Iran.!!

Surely if you read my previous posts in this discussion you can see the historical picture of Kurdstan, and how the nations around this region have done everything in their best efforts to decapitate the kurds' struggle for a nation equal to theirs. They have worked together on this in numerous armed struggles against kurds, using all means necessary.

Seperatism comes from oppresssion.
    indeed!

And to be honest the Kurdish people would be better off with Persian or Arab national leaders who give them their rights
    huh? did you just blank off the article i posted and the one you just posted??!!? We must have very different ideas of what it means to have rights!

They swapped sides so much between different Kurdish groups, between Saddam and Khomeini. All for money
    Of course,there is corruption in all governments, if we talked about that in all governments we'd be here forever. Thus that is not a justified reason for Kurds not having a nation. All races have the right to practice their own culture, traditions, religion with their own government! why should a kurdish nation have an arab leader!??

Ordinary Persian people have always seen Kurds as there brothers and sisters.
    yes i agree with you here, ordinary persians are sympathetic to our cause, most of the lawyers defending the current barbarism in kurdistan iran are persians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    They have never had a country so they have no national territory. They are not a nation. They are a constituent racial group in Turkey Iraq Iran and Syria who should have the same rights as everyone else. Where do we stop? Do we give Azeris a country? Gilakis? Arabs? Mazandaranis? Balochis? Torkemans? Loris?
    Can I assume that you feel the same about the Palestinians, since the same thing can be said about them?

And Azeris have a country already. I wouldn't be surprised if Azerbaijan did something to unify all Azeris under one state in the future.

Do you also think the Palestinians would be better off under Israeli leaders who would give them their rights?

ReputationRep:
    Can I assume that you feel the same about the Palestinians, since the same thing can be said about them?

And Azeris have a country already. I wouldn't be surprised if Azerbaijan did something to unify all Azeris under one state in the future.

Do you also think the Palestinians would be better off under Israeli leaders who would give them their rights?
    Good question! I can't wait for this answer...

ReputationRep:
    All races have the right to practice their own culture, traditions, religion with their own government! why should a kurdish nation have an arab leader!??
    When I said National I meant Iran or Iraq for example. And the Balochis do not have a state for example. Why not give them a state? The Hazaras in Afghanistan don't have one either. Neither do the Iranian Talysh.

The situation is not the same there because no one has invaded Kurdistan in the way the Jews invaded Palestine (I say Jews because they were Jews no Israelis at the time) Although the Kurds have been oppressed in every way imaginable, the Kurdestan regions of Iran Iraq Turkey and Syria are still very much Kurdish inhabited unlike Palestine. Iranian Kurdestan has been part of Iran or Persia for most of the last 2000 years. Palestine and the area round it has been unstable for 2000 years!

I'd rather have a Jewish Israeli ruling over the Palestinians with proper rights etc than an Arab government ruling over them with a tyrannical Islamic Regime. HOWEVER, with Palestine they have more of a case for independence because of land being illegally occupied. Gaza and the West Bank were designated for a Palestinian state 50 years ago.

I sincerely believe that if the Kurds had been treated decently then their calls for independence would be amongst the fringe in Kurdish politics.

ReputationRep:
    The situation is not the same there because no one has invaded Kurdistan in the way the Jews invaded Palestine
    This is incorrect. At one time, Kurdistan even had a King, borders of Syria, iraq,iran and turkey are man-made! You can even see this by looking at a map (my old geography teacher told me once) the borders of a country should not be so perfect.
    Winston Churchill, that lover of Empire, explained, "How Mesopotamia could be held by armoured cars clanking across the Chaldean plain and by bomb-laden airplanes searching the recesses of the Kurdistan mountains." Thus the British empire invaded and occupied iraq and kurdistan since the beginnig of the early 20th century!

1. Illegal occupation of Kurdistan since 1920
    2. 80 years of colonization, underdevelopment and exploitation of Kurdistan and the destruction of the Kurdish society
    3. Destruction of the Kurdish language and culture
    4. Persistent political persecution, repression, torture and executions

Churchill argued, " I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilized tribes."
    I'd rather have a Jewish Israeli ruling over the Palestinians with proper rights etc than an Arab government ruling over them with a tyrannical Islamic Regime.
    Thats not the point though, every race has to have their right to have their own government, whether Palestinians will become dictators or extreme in their policies is not for anyone to predict or assume. Everyone must have that right!

Iranian Kurdestan has been part of Iran or Persia for most of the last 2000 years.
    Partly incorrect...In fact, Qazi Mohammed was president of a short-lived Kurdish republic in 1946 in Iran ...they declared the formation of a Kurdish republic in the town of Mahabad. On 16 September 1942, it was this group of Kurdish intellectuals who gathered in Amin al-Islam Garden in Mahabad to form the nucleus of Komalayi Jiyannaveyi Kurd (J.K), the Committee for the Resurrection of Kurdistan. The J.K. was a secret committee and aimed at autonomy for the Iranian Kurdistan.

Thus the Kurdish leaders announced the formation of a Kurdish state...however short-lived it was..The Kurdish leaders decided to form an autonomous region!! So..on 22 January 1946, the Republic of Kurdistan was proclaimed at the Chwar Chira Square and Qazi Muhammad was elected as the president.

but by the end of 1946., the iranian government...qavam(i think) invaded the republic, Kurdish leaders were arrested and executed, and the traces of the Republic were destroyed. Before the arrival of the Iranian troops some Kurdish leaders escaped to Iraq...few days after the capture of Mahabad, Qazi Muhammad and some other Kurdish leaders were arrested. They were tried in a marshal court and condemned to death. On 30 March 1947, at 6.00 a.m. Qazi Muhammad, his cousin Seif Qazi, and his brother Sadr Qazi were hanged in Chwar Chira Square, in the same place where the Republic was proclaimed, for what the Iranian government termed treason The Iranian government was not satisfied with the defeat of the republic and execution of some of its leaders. It tried to eradicate the signs of the Kurdish Republic. Kurdish publishing press was closed, the Kurdish publications were banned, Kurdish books were burnt, and teaching in Kurdish language was prohibited.

kurdistan being under persian rule is exactly my point, thats not an argument against,thats an argument for a Kurdish independent state!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdi_princess)
    To "made in the usa"

Did you really? Thank you, i really appreciate the help, i thought nobody cared :rolleyes: Is it that simple to do? i've never done it before..
    Yes I did and it was really easy. I'm supportive of anyone that tries to bring about positive change in the middle east. Send me private message and I'll give you the email address for the whitehouse.

ReputationRep:
    Thats not the point though, every race has to have their right to have their own government,
    That ıs ridiculous. There are many races in the middle east. There was most peace when they were united in a multicutural empire which gave human rights.

At one time, Kurdistan even had a King
    Weren,t there several Kurdısh Kıngdoms? Like ther were once several British kingdoms?

kurdistan being under persian rule is exactly my point, thats not an argument against,thats an argument for a Kurdish independent state!
    As İ have said Kurds need theır regional parliament in İranian Kordestan province just lıke all other areas need more local government. But thıs, along wıth human rıghts ıs all anyone needs.

Partly incorrect...In fact, Qazi Mohammed was president of a short-lived Kurdish republic
    So I was correct then sınce ıt was short lıved

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.