RAF recuitment interview - Logistics driver and ICT aerial erector

Watch
alimartin888
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have a recuitment interview this wednesday 14th April. Just wanted some advice first on trade training locations on particular jobs.

I am interested in these three roles:-

Survival equipment fitter, trade training at RAF Cosford, near Wolverhampton for 7 months..

ICT aerial erector - Can anybody confirm where trade training takes place and how long?

Logistics Driver - This role i havnt found a lot of info on the net about, can anyone enlighten me on this role same for trade training and how long?

Any info would be great just to prepare me before wed.

many thanks
alastair
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/driver.cfm

Driver training takes place at the Defence School of Transport which is based at Leconfield. I am not sure exactly how long it takes, as you are there to acquire a number of driving licenses.

If you put 'RAF AERIAL ERECTOR TRAINING' into Google, you'll find out the answer on that one.
JamesH1985
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
You want to join the RAF, use you intiative.

As Prostacker said use google.
alimartin888
Rep:
?
Is anybody able to confirm how long the driver training is at RAF Defence School of Transport Leconfield?

Also any Survival equipment fitters out there, who have worked in the trade 25 years etc, what sort of roles are you able to walk into when entering back in to civilian life?
Ollie2376
Report 10 years ago
You've got the interview on Wednesday and you have only just started researching? Do you think you should have had a look earlier?

A career rests on this interview, so make sure you have fully prepared!!
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by alimartin888)
IAlso any Survival equipment fitters out there, who have worked in the trade 25 years etc, what sort of roles are you able to walk into when entering back in to civilian life?
Anyone getting to over 20 years in any Trade would be looking at using their management more than their 'hand on' skills if they wanted to apply their experience to any future career.
alimartin888
Rep:
?
No i have the recuitment interview/chat on wednesday not trade interview....

I sitted the tests 18 months ago and decided not to sign up at the time, due to personal reasons. I wish i had now, if i had known how long you have to wait....

This interview is just to talk about roles i can qualify for from tests already taken 18 months ago...

I have spoken to afco on phone and they have listed say 5 or 6 roles i can do, but instead of just choosing the role which trades open the quickest and doing it for the sake of it....they want to chat to me face to face to make sure i choose the correct career path...

i was only asking very basic questions regarding trade training for these roles, i feel the attitude some of you have is appaling to new recuits.
Theo1977
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If this is just an initial chat, these questions are all good ones to ask the AFCO when you meet with them - they should be able to help you out.
Jim8171
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alastair, The Logistics (Driver) or Logs (MTD) Phase 2 Basic Driver Trade Training takes place at the Defence School of Transport (DST) Normandy Barracks Leconfield near Beverley Hull. It can take up to 16 weeks, if you do not have a current Cat B (Car) licence as you will be trained on Cat B (Car) Cat C (LGV) Cat C+E (LGV+Trl) Cat D (Coach 54 str) Hazardous goods by road, functional skill for your level 2 Apprenticeship in Driving Large Goods vehicles and Military driving by both day and night on and off road.

Go on the RAF website and read the Trade Role and Trade Information Leaflet (TIL)

Hope this help
WO J Campbell HQ AIR Command Logistics (Driver) Trade Advisor.
Ikaruss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jim8171)
Alastair, The Logistics (Driver) or Logs (MTD) Phase 2 Basic Driver Trade Training takes place at the Defence School of Transport (DST) Normandy Barracks Leconfield near Beverley Hull. It can take up to 16 weeks, if you do not have a current Cat B (Car) licence as you will be trained on Cat B (Car) Cat C (LGV) Cat C+E (LGV+Trl) Cat D (Coach 54 str) Hazardous goods by road, functional skill for your level 2 Apprenticeship in Driving Large Goods vehicles and Military driving by both day and night on and off road.

Go on the RAF website and read the Trade Role and Trade Information Leaflet (TIL)

Hope this help
WO J Campbell HQ AIR Command Logistics (Driver) Trade Advisor.
Jim, this thread is almost 6 years old so I suspect the OP is long gone and is probably a Cpl by now! However, lots of guys on here are looking at various Loggy roles and I'm sure your input will be valuable to them. Stick around and help these people out!
Kyle9X
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, is the logistics driver a good career to get into in the RAF? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (131)
24.13%
Live streaming events (47)
8.66%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.58%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.39%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.1%