Turn on thread page Beta

Why are there so many threads on insect attack? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why-o-why-o-why-o-why-o-why.....
    Since we have an infinate number of posts on this, how about a sub-forum for animal and insect based trauma?

ReputationRep:
    ...because insects rule!

ReputationRep:
    ergh insects... despicable things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Why-o-why-o-why-o-why-o-why.....
    Since we have an infinate number of posts on this, how about a sub-forum for animal and insect based trauma?
    I see that you are not fond of fauna.
    *casts a spell*
    :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
    *may you have nightmares of pink elephants dancing in your room*

ReputationRep:
    but surprisingly tasty...

ReputationRep:
    insects???

My faves are prawns a.k.a crustaceans

ReputationRep:
    :pwnd:

ReputationRep:
    hmm...yes, mine are squid, therefore molluscs too....very tasty

ReputationRep:
    :willy: :willy:

ReputationRep:
    dont do that...at this time in the morning its the same effect as watching the exorcist
    just looking, and apparently you get giant squid, and now "collosal squid" cool eh...

ReputationRep:
    That was my intention.
    A little goodnight gift for you...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i do notice those are drawings...i mean, its not real proof...
    the Sperm whale one is fair enough though, since 5 out of 6 specimens recovered have been tentacles in the whales stomachs - first in 1925 off Aukland...

ReputationRep:
    :toung:

ReputationRep:
    Just to enhance your nightmares-to-be :evil:

Seriously, I remember seeing the picture of a rather giant squid in Guinness Book:-

1. Largest Squid
    The largest intact specimen of a colossal squid ever found was that of an immature female (Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni) that was caught by fishermen in March 2003 in the Ross Sea, Antarctic. It had a total length of 5 m (16 ft), a mantle length of 2.5 m (8.2 ft), and weighed 150 kg (330 lb).
    As reported by Dr. Steve O'Shea of New Zealand's National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, the colossal squid has eyes as big as dinner plates and razor sharp hooks on its tentacles. It swims to a depth of 2,000 m (6,561 ft) and is an aggressive killer, eating large prey such as the Patagonian toothfish, which can grow to more than 1.8 m (6 ft) long

2. Largest Creature Never Observed In Own Habitat
    The Architeuthis dux is often known as the Giant Squid. Because scientists do not know exactly where in the sea it lives, they have never been able to study it. Specimens have measured up to 18 m (59 ft) in length and 900 kg (1,980 lb) in weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    :animal:

ReputationRep:
    yea...twas the same one i was reading about f-d-l....you've gotta respect someone with the name steve o'shea though....

*takes out insecticide*

ReputationRep:
    I've just spent a good hour in the bathroom, battling it out in an all-out no-rules war between myself and four flies. A combination of gas (tetramethrin) and History GCSE books were used. Eventually they all perished, but I now have a headache after spending an hour in a small, concealed room full of fly-spray.

(Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I've just spent a good hour in the bathroom, battling it out in an all-out no-rules war between myself and four flies. A combination of gas (tetramethrin) and History GCSE books were used. Eventually they all perished, but I now have a headache after spending an hour in a small, concealed room full of fly-spray.
    you think :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.