Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter -- Think You're An Expert? -- Answer This Question! watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay everyone here is my question: " When Dumbledore teaches Tom Riddle ( Voldemort ) at Hogwarts ( when Dumbledore wasn't the Headmaster ) what subject did he teach? Hehe...if you get this question then you win. What do you win you ask? Why, the prize of winning of course!

Haven ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haven)
    Okay everyone here is my question: " When Dumbledore teaches Tom Riddle ( Voldemort ) at Hogwarts ( when Dumbledore wasn't the Headmaster ) what subject did he teach? Hehe...if you get this question then you win. What do you win you ask? Why, the prize of winning of course!

Haven ~
    Witchcraft

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean what he ACTUALLY taught, I mean what subject at Hogwarts did he teach when he was not the Headmaster, adn Tom Riddle ( Voldemort ) was attending the school.

Haven~
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The little voice at the back of my head is saying charms - but I can't remember anything specific to back it up :stabinthedark:

ReputationRep:
    I think it was Defense Against the Dark Arts, but I don't know, and I was wondering, lol.

Haven ~

ReputationRep:
    Dda

ReputationRep:
    Woo-hoo! I *may* be right for a change, but then again, now charms is sounding pretty right too...lol.

Haven ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haven)

Haven ~
    it was transfigureation
    i am so 100% sure that im not even going to look it up in the book to check

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I got people actually thinking! (( No I didn't just do this for my amusement, lol, that would be fun though. I actually need the answer for a FanFic I'm writing on fanFiction.net )) Thanks tessie for checking, your a big help, along with all the other answers, thanks guys!

Haven ~

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know, I was guessing.

ReputationRep:
    i know its transfiguration without even havin to look it up.. but its already been said bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haven)

Haven ~
    'How to lose his wand' type stuff

ReputationRep:
    yea it was transfiguration, but then what was McGonnagal teaching???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haven)

Haven ~
    defense against the dark arts

ReputationRep:
    I would stake my life on it being transfiguration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I would stake my life on it being transfiguration.
    How do you guys remember all this I read the book ages ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    How do you guys remember all this I read the book ages ago!

cos we read the books more than once. i've read each one about 25 times each (about 12 time for the latest one).

ReputationRep:
    It was Transfiguration. I'm not sure if it actually gets mentioned in the books, but JK has said so.

ReputationRep:
    its transfiguration for sure.......but i am too late !!!

ReputationRep:
    Transfiguration - in the fifth book the examiner (who examined Dumbledore for NEWTS or was it OWLS) mentioned that he could do things with a wand that the examiner had never seen before. so it was obviously his best subject (and the one he'd teach)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.