Turn on thread page Beta

Layered Polo Tee's? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    All my local shops don't stock these styles anymore, anyone know where to look, which shop and where?!

If you don't know what i mean, i'm talking about Polo T-Shirts with a white underlay underneath it.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    just wear a white t shirt uner. these went out of fashion months ago.. ENVY mite still sell them if u have one near u

ReputationRep:
    Wearing a white tee underneath is really uncomfortable. No Envy.

Any websites?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to wear one of those?

ReputationRep:
    wear a long sleeve t shirt underneath, they look so much better

ReputationRep:
    i have one of those, got mine from New Look, if your a girl. And my bro bought one last week, he ordered it from my mums catalogue of Littlewoods :p: But a normal long sleeve t shirt underneath still looks cool and if its uncomfortable wear a fitted softer material.

ReputationRep:
    erm only wear one of those if you want to loko like a townie from six months ago...

im sure burtons will stock some :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The only decent looking ones are the pink ones, but then you look like a poof so you can't win.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    The only decent looking ones are the pink ones, but then you look like a poof so you can't win.........
    pink is not decent - only a very few men straight or gay can pull it off well - you have to have certain colouring and features... why do none of you men understand this?! you dont look like you're "comfortable with oyur sexuality" you look like you can't dress...

oh and people (and most importantly gays) wont assume you're "a poof" they'll probably just run a mile to go find some people with an ounce of fashion sense

ReputationRep:
    If I ever decided that looking like a cliched, anonymous poser appealed to me, I'd probably ruffle my badly styled mullet, put on my flip-flops/sandals and waddle on down to Burton or USC.

ReputationRep:
    Woah woah woah, the negativity...

wear a long sleeve t shirt underneath, they look so much better
    Then i would have to roll the sleeves up, i never wear anything with long sleeves, dunno why.

i have one of those, got mine from New Look, if your a girl. And my bro bought one last week, he ordered it from my mums catalogue of Littlewoods But a normal long sleeve t shirt underneath still looks cool and if its uncomfortable wear a fitted softer material.
    Thanks for advice.

erm only wear one of those if you want to loko like a townie from six months ago...

im sure burtons will stock some
    A townie? I'm not going to say anything about this except you're going to durham soon, oopsy. Townie?

Exactly. I have found some now anyway, ones that are not camp and ones that are not chav, they are black.

pink is not decent - only a very few men straight or gay can pull it off well - you have to have certain colouring and features... why do none of you men understand this?! you dont look like you're "comfortable with oyur sexuality" you look like you can't dress...

oh and people (and most importantly gays) wont assume you're "a poof" they'll probably just run a mile to go find some people with an ounce of fashion sense
    Preach it, brother.

If I ever decided that looking like a cliched, anonymous poser appealed to me, I'd probably ruffle my badly styled mullet, put on my flip-flops/sandals and waddle on down to Burton or USC.
    Sarcasm - The lowest form of wit. Certainly applies here. You sound bitter, do you need a hug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)

straight men in Italy wear pink all the time... it's just the fact that in the UK pink=girly, it's all in the mind. Nothing actually wrong with men wearing that colour. I mean, the colour doesn't clash with certain physical features that many guys have or anything like that - any guy can wear that colour (in a country where they don't lable you as being gay for wearing a certain colour )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    straight men in Italy wear pink all the time... it's just the fact that in the UK pink=girly, it's all in the mind. Nothing actually wrong with men wearing that colour. I mean, the colour doesn't clash with certain physical features that many guys have or anything like that - any guy can wear that colour (in a country where they don't lable you as being gay for wearing a certain colour )
    no see here people don't think you're gay for wearing a pink polo (though they do think you're a bit repressed), they think you're a bit late on a bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    Lazy Layering! Do it yourself. If it's uncomfortable wearing two, then wear one, don't pretend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    All my local shops don't stock these styles anymore, anyone know where to look, which shop and where?!

If you don't know what i mean, i'm talking about Polo T-Shirts with a white underlay underneath it.

Thanks.
    That's so late-90s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    Wearing a white tee underneath is really uncomfortable. No Envy.

Any websites?
    wearing a white t-shirt under is uncomfortable? I think you're talking rubbish. Get a plain white well-fitted t-shirt. There's nothing more comfortable than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    erm... not entirely sure why that was directed at me with a knowing sarcastic wink at the end... but one of my mian points was that wearing pink doesn't label you as gay :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    lol yeh but some straight guys just say "its not pink its salmon" lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    lol yeh but some straight guys just say "its not pink its salmon" lol :p:
    Yeah Ross said it!

ReputationRep:
    i like those kinda tops! why does no1 else like em? lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.