Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    after reading different job-related threads i have found out that some of you just want a job that pay bills, others that you love doing, the list can be made long. anyway what i wonder is if you think that you should or maybe already have two lifes, one at work and one at home? sometimes people say that they don't wan't to bring their work home with them but at the same time if you love it it is you life or is it so that you can love you work and still have/want another life at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    after reading different job-related threads i have found out that some of you just want a job that pay bills, others that you love doing, the list can be made long. anyway what i wonder is if you think that you should or maybe already have two lifes, one at work and one at home? sometimes people say that they don't wan't to bring their work home with them but at the same time if you love it it is you life or is it so that you can love you work and still have/want another life at home?
    I personaly will be the type that brings my work home. It is so boring not having any work to do at home. The time I job I will get (somthing in computing) is more assignment based anyway i.e they give you two weeks to somthing, you can work in your own time as longs as its done. I.e not 9-5. I would love a job like that. So if I feel like working at 1:00am I can and if I feel like staying in bed till 11:20am (like this morning) I can.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be employed in a job that is mentally challenging and fulfilling, one where I can go home at the end of the day and feel like Ive achieved something. Hence why counselling appeals. Although Criminal psychology still holds some interest to me as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    I am planning to eventually qualify as a doctor. I have always found becoming a doctor attractive because it is extremely challenging and hard work but also very rewarding as well as enabling you to make a real difference to people's lives.

ReputationRep:
    Research.

ReputationRep:
    sumat to do with biology..................i wanted to become a doctor but now i think its toooo hard!!..................and a very long course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    sumat to do with biology..................i wanted to become a doctor but now i think its toooo hard!!..................and a very long course!
    Are you doing your A-Levels at the moment Saf!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Are you doing your A-Levels at the moment Saf!?
    no, im yr 11 doin my gcse's this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    no, im yr 11 doin my gcse's this year
    Ah rite - well I highly recommend Biology A-Level - although I am biased lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah rite - well I highly recommend Biology A-Level - although I am biased lol
    wot r u doin at the moment??

ReputationRep:
    NikNak..where have u applied..have u had any offers?

ReputationRep:
    I have wanted to be a teacher since i was
    little
    i want to do it because i think i would be
    good at it, i loved my work experience and
    because i like teaching new things and
    making a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    NikNak..where have u applied..have u had any offers?
    I have applied to:

Salford - Human Biology with Infectous Diseases
    UEA - BioMedical Science
    Plymouth - Human Bioscience
    Plymouth - Biology
    Glamorgan - Human Biology
    Manchester - Human Biology

I have got unconditional offers from Salford and Manchester so far - haven't heard from the rest yet.

Are you studying biology as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    wot r u doin at the moment??
    I am working at until Sept when I will be going to uni - yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkprincess)
    I have wanted to be a teacher since i was
    little
    i want to do it because i think i would be
    good at it, i loved my work experience and
    because i like teaching new things and
    making a difference.
    hey! i luv u'r avatar!

ReputationRep:
    I am working at until Sept when I will be going to uni - yay!
    Why do you want to go to uni? Are you bored with work? Or were you just working to pay for university?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to:

Salford - Human Biology with Infectous Diseases
    UEA - BioMedical Science
    Plymouth - Human Bioscience
    Plymouth - Biology
    Glamorgan - Human Biology
    Manchester - Human Biology

I have got unconditional offers from Salford and Manchester so far - haven't heard from the rest yet.

Are you studying biology as well?
    doing biology a-level..have applied for medicine at leeds,manchester,kings and liverpool. no offers or interviews yet

ReputationRep:
    doing biology a-level..have applied for medicine at leeds,manchester,kings and liverpool. no offers or interviews yet
    I wouldn't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Why do you want to go to uni? Are you bored with work? Or were you just working to pay for university?
    No I just wanted to earn some money prior to going to university. Also good to get some work experience under my belt.

After my degree, I am going to apply to go to Medical School as a graduate. That's the plan anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I hear that the medschools can take a massive amount of time deciding whos in and whos not. Aparently it's not unusual to recieves offers as late as April.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.