The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
im in the same position, 1 mark off the BBB needed for cardiff and they don't want to know me!Im applying for business management and sent two economics papers back (priority) but they have to be back and up the 1 mark by aug 31st of its up to them!
G
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
kitsune
Well that might happen with essay-based subjects but clearly not with physics/maths!

Yeah, I'd forgotten it was physics, but a 1 mark difference could still occur.
Reply 62
Geoffb87
im in the same position, 1 mark off the BBB needed for cardiff and they don't want to know me!Im applying for business management and sent two economics papers back (priority) but they have to be back and up the 1 mark by aug 31st of its up to them!
G

Sigh, is there a God?

Or is God there for a reason.

Makes one think doesn't it...
Reply 63
hampshire
You didn't do well enough and LSE is right to reject you. They have to draw the line somewhere.

That's what I understand.

I would rightfully accepted it if I was a C-grade student. The fact that I've maintained straight As and the odd B throughout my life is what can be the slight annoyance.
Reply 64
aniguchisan
That's what I understand.

I would rightfully accepted it if I was a C-grade student. The fact that I've maintained straight As and the odd B throughout my life is what can be the slight annoyance.

You are a C grade student - you got a C!! All these other grades mean nothing if you can't perform when the time is right.
Reply 65
hampshire
You are a C grade student - you got a C!! All these other grades mean nothing if you can't perform when the time is right.

I got a low D, that's what pushed me to a C :smile:
Reply 66
Diotima
But as previously stated, 1 mark is about 0.2%, that's hardly 'not doing well enough', especially as it could easily be a clerical error!

Well, if only everyone thought in the same way.
Reply 67
aniguchisan
I got a low D, that's what pushed me to a C :smile:

A D now!! You definately deserve to be rejected. Set your sights a bit lower, no offence. Heard of Wolverhampton?
Reply 68
Ooh, and yes...Edexcel Physics exams are on the same day as Edexcel Economics...or then with a one day gap.
Reply 69
Diotima
But as previously stated, 1 mark is about 0.2%, that's hardly 'not doing well enough', especially as it could easily be a clerical error!

They have to draw the line in somewhere. LSE is a place for achievers.
Reply 70
aniguchisan
Ooh, and yes...Edexcel Physics exams are on the same day as Edexcel Economics...or then with a one day gap.

So? Why are you blaming everthing else but your self? Other people would have been in the same position but they would have managed? The way you have handled this i.e sulking, complaining, 'poor little me' attitude suggests LSE was right to reject you.
Reply 71
hampshire
They have to draw the line in somewhere. LSE is a place for achievers.

Thanks, Mr. LSE.

Well, 'twould be a pleasure to meet you if my marks see an improvement.

See you then :wink:
Reply 72
hampshire
So? Why are you blaming everthing else but your self? Other people would have been in the same position but they would have managed? The way you have handled this i.e sulking, complaining, 'poor little me' attitude suggests LSE was right to reject you.

I've got a great King's Insurance. Never once did I sulk. I only fought for what I thought may have been possible.

Anyway, no point wasting time on you. Do the same, and don't waste time here.
Reply 73
aniguchisan
I've got a great King's Insurance. Never once did I sulk. I only fought for what I thought may have been possible.

Anyway, no point wasting time on you. Do the same, and don't waste time here.

Kings LOL
Reply 74
hampshire - I guess your not going to LSE then, if you are then I guess the rumour is true, LSE make major mistakes in selection.

I bet you will be one of the drop outs in the first year, you arrogant fool.
Reply 75
aniguchisan... this is the LSE forum... there are people like this! dont worry! :wink: They also laught at my IGCSEs when I applied to LSE... just dont listen to them... they are soooo high that when they once fall, it's going to hurt quite a lot... if they survive! :wink:
Reply 76
ram
hampshire - I guess your not going to LSE then, if you are then I guess the rumour is true, LSE make major mistakes in selection.

lmao :rofl:
nice one bro
Reply 77
ram

I already go to LSE and have got a first from my first year!! Your the fool, its not my fault you are going to a second rate university
Reply 78
hampshire
I already go to LSE and have got a first from my first year!! Your the fool, its not my fault you are going to a second rate university

My guess was right, you are in the % of people LSE wrongly admit into their school.

I got AAA and am going to Kings. Second rate, thats quite funny because my sister goes there and got into Morgan Stanley - I doubt they would recruit from there if it was second rate. It will be interesting to know where you get into.

No investment bank will give you a position if you go in with the attitude you have here.

BTW Hampshire, just seeing your posts in other threads shows the kind of person you are, banks are looking for a lot more than just good grades, a good person who can get along with others - which you my friend are not, atleast on these forums.
Reply 79
My guess was right, you are in the % of people LSE wrongly admit into their school.

Yet i'm the small top % getting the higest marks? Care you explain the 'logic' you are employing?

I am going to Kings.

My sympathies

Second rate, thats quite funny because my sister goes there and got into Morgan Stanley -

Receptionist?

doubt they would recruit from there if it was second rate. It will be interesting to know where you get into.

No investment bank will give you a position if you go in with the attitude you have here

Wrong again. I'll go to Rothchilds like my father.

Latest

Trending

Trending