Turn on thread page Beta

When are the newspapers' A-level league tables published? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know? I'm especially interested in independent schools' league tables.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Does anyone know? I'm especially interested in independent schools' league tables.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    There is a table in the Telegraph today, but I think it's the top 100 state schools.

ReputationRep:
    There was another one for state schools in the Evening Standard yesterday, but of course, that was only London schools, since I'm sure you all know the Evening Standard is a regional newspaper .

ReputationRep:
    My local paper prints the results in full on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    There is a top 450 state schools list on the times website....my school came 9th :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeh I saw the 'top 450 state schools too'. I'm a bit confused though. How many state schools are there? If your school is anywhere in the top 450 is that good? Or is that just all the state schools.

What I mean is that my school came around no. 400 (im not saying exactly for obvious reasons! but I can't judge whether that's good or not! (well, i know its not GOOD but in my opinion the results were really bad this year, am i correct?? if my schools around no.400 I mean)

Anyone know?

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissSurfer)
    yeh I saw the 'top 450 state schools too'. I'm a bit confused though. How many state schools are there? If your school is anywhere in the top 450 is that good? Or is that just all the state schools.

What I mean is that my school came around no. 400 (im not saying exactly for obvious reasons! but I can't judge whether that's good or not! (well, i know its not GOOD but in my opinion the results were really bad this year, am i correct?? if my schools around no.400 I mean)

Anyone know?

MissSurfer
    It is quite good I would say. Look at the "average points per student" column to see what your school's average was. That should help you figure out how good your school was in terms of average grades.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.